Firearms of note and ridicule

rmgill

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bojan I imagine you would be the one to know the answer to this. I have read over the years that the Russians developed for their special forces, a spring loaded knife that would shoot its blade across the room.Do you know if that is true? It is hard to filter out things that sound like BS when there are so many interesting gadgets and weapons the Russians / Soviets developed over the years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrlzBj2lIJg

That guy's hilarious--safe and knowledgeable too! Imagine him and Ian from Forgotten Weapons teaming up! :P

You should watch his video on .45 ACP vs. 9mm...

I tried to, thinking it would be a real but funny comparison, but that and the AR vs AK video were just attempts at heavy-handed humor--crude and not very amusing to me. He does much better spicing up a factual review or comparison. :)

Edited by shep854

"Rimmed for the extractor's pleasure" should be part of the lexicon of any gun enthusiast.

Indeed - off into quote list it goes :D

Where is nothing that quite says "I'm a ninja, and I'm here to party" like a FN P90.

That's nice, too :D Gotta watch more of his vids.

I meant to put this in the 'Small Arms Drill' thread, but lost focus...

Simon mentioned on FB that those are 'confidence drills'. As for the balloon, there is film of Los Angeles Co. sheriff's deputies shooting cigarettes out of another deputies' mouth, but those drills seemed a bit more deliberate

One scary pistol! You will see why--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc87joWmHFo

I have two of these pistols and they both work better than the on in the video. The gun obviously needs a new set of recoil springs . I had to replace the springs in one of mine recently. It worked like a champ and then started not going fully into battery like the one in the video. A Type 14 Nambu Wolff Spring kit will solve the issues. Midway USA has them in stock. I also put a Wolff kit into a WW2 P38 that had similar issues and it solved the problem. You can't expect a 70 year old gun to perform like a new Glock without at least giving it a tune up and a once over before hand. :D

Bob is right for malfunctions return spring is a main problem, I tried P-38 that had same problem, and after new set of springs it was fine.

I have seen Luger do similar ND. You can also fire it like Type 94 pistol using a toothpick.

Edited by bojan