Yum basic baked Basa fillets!

Dame Karmen

Lazy womans supper tonight was super simple and very tasty light meal.

Foil wrapped baked basa fillet with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic, sliced onion, and fresh broccoli bits, all wrapped in together. Not even any butter or oil added.

A couple of spoons full of plain yoghurt on the side ... and wow, totally enjoyed the simple meal :)

Perfect for an upset icky tummy that I've had lately and don't know why (meds?).

Edited by Dame Karmen

Lazy womans supper tonight was super simple and very tasty light meal.

Foil wrapped baked basa fillet with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic, sliced onion, and fresh broccoli bits, all wrapped in together. Not even any butter or oil added.

A couple of spoons full of plain yoghurt on the side ... and wow, totally enjoyed the simple meal :)

Perfect for an upset icky tummy that I've had lately and don't know why (meds?).

I usually poach bass filets in the oven using a little milk, some butter, garlic powder, seasoning salt, paprika and fresh parsley.

I usually poach bass filets in the oven using a little milk, some butter, garlic powder, seasoning salt, paprika and fresh parsley.

That sounds good too. Will try it next time maybe :)

That sounds good too. Will try it next time maybe :)

You do know that the Basa is known by its other name too .... :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basa_fish

"The basa fish, Pangasius bocourti, is a type of catfish in the family Pangasiidae. Basa are native to the Mekong River Delta in Vietnam and Chao Phraya basin in Thailand.[1] These fish are important food fish with an international market. They are often labeled in North America and Australia as basa fish or Asian Sewer Catfish.[2] In the UK, the species is known mainly as river cobbler,[3] with basa also being used on occasion. In Europe, these fish are commonly marketed as pangassius or panga.[4] Other related shark catfish may occasionally be falsely labeled as basa fish, including Pangasius hypophthalmus (iridescent shark) and Pangasius pangasius (yellowtail catfish)."