Where has all the Rum gone?

X-Files

The Kraken™ Rum Book

"The Kraken Black Spiced Rum book, with its superb design and entertaining content, is a perfect companion to that bottle of Kraken Rum in your bar. Sit back with a glass of Kraken Rum and read about the anatomy of the Kraken, famous Kraken sightings, survival tips in case of a Kraken attack and how the Kraken Rum got its name!"

$13.95

My go to rum is one of two things the Haitians can do right (the other being baseballs).

Barbancourt 4 and 8 year old are smooth, tasty and can be drank neat or mixed. I prefer rum and cokes. The 15 year old is sublime and worth every cent of the tariff.

One of my brothers got married last week. Another brother had a flask full of the Barbancourt 8. Not bad stuff. S/F.....Ken M

• 1 year later...

Bacardi 151 for me.

Dear lord!

We were doing shots of ABC's the other night (Absinthe, Bacardi 151 and Chartreuse) with every drink (and often a black sambucca shot chaser :wacko: ) suffice to say it conceived the mother of all hangovers after about twenty or so rounds, we just woke up piled like puppies on one of the girl's couch.

Ungood... :unsure:

Dear lord!

We were doing shots of ABC's the other night (Absinthe, Bacardi 151 and Chartreuse) with every drink (and often a black sambucca shot chaser :wacko: ) suffice to say it conceived the mother of all hangovers after about twenty or so rounds, we just woke up piled like puppies on one of the girl's couch.

I took a few of the young(er) pups at a client site out for a round or two of drinks last night, as the project was supposed to have been over, but we kept the "wrap-up party" even though we extended two weeks.

Would they let me sip a nice bourbon, or have a few beers? Noooooo, we had to do some shots. Everybody chose to order a few rounds of Jaeger Bombs, which I generally detest (as I do most every catchy shot/drink anymore).

Quote the one guy, "Red Bull gives you wiings!"

Sayeth me, "Yeah, but that Jaegermeister is fucking gravity. . . "

Warning: Thread swerve ahead...

Was in the liquor store yesterday and was having trouble finding my usual rye whik-sey. Manager said they had to re-arrange shelves due to the proliferation of flavored vodkas on the market. As I was checking out, I noticed a big promotional stand for, wait for it....

...and this is no BS......

....CAKE flavored vodka! *barf*

What is the world coming to?

P.S. In case this sounds like a good idea to anyone, here ya' go:

http://www.uvvodka.com/page/show/333797-uv-cake

Edited by Doug Kibbey

Dear lord!

not too completely bad if there was no witnesses.

There were witnesses and they got this on camera?

Warning: Thread swerve ahead...

Was in the liquor store yesterday and was having trouble finding my usual rye whik-sey. Manager said they had to re-arrange shelves due to the proliferation of flavored vodkas on the market. As I was checking out, I noticed a big promotional stand for, wait for it....

....CAKE flavored vodka! *barf*

What is the world coming to?

P.S. In case this sounds like a good idea to anyone, here ya' go:

http://www.uvvodka.com/page/show/333797-uv-cake

Eh, that's nothing. Heard about this abomination the radio yesterday morning:

GRILLED CHEESE FLAVORED VODKA

I make my own peppered vodka for Bloody Marys and Bloody Caesers and the like, but generally flavored vodka is girlie crap.

Good Lord Luke, "ABC's"? Sounds like that's "Austrailian for Stupid" ;)

I grew outta the self punishment drinking a long time ago, I never really understood the mentality that enjoyed that sort of thing. Plus, too many scavengers look for that sort of behavior to exploit IME. S/F...Ken M

but generally flavored vodka is girlie crap.

Amen.

Vodka - real, unflavoured vodka - is a man's drink. After all, that's what fueled T-34 tanks all the way to Berlin. :lol: ;)

I grew outta the self punishment drinking a long time ago, I never really understood the mentality that enjoyed that sort of thing. Plus, too many scavengers look for that sort of behavior to exploit IME. S/F...Ken M

I never did understand the fun of drinking in excess. -_-

Only flavored vodka worth a shit:

One handful of green pepper.

One bottle of Vodka.

Freezer.

Put pepper in vodka and leave it for a week on room temperature.

Put vodka in freezer until it becomes oil-like (~1-2h).

Drink.

Tomas, real man drink "French 75".

Edited by bojan

I never did understand the fun of drinking in excess. -_-

Its not fun. Its not anything like fun. Its a blot out the higher brain functions so you can not think about stuff that will not go away or leave you alone.

Pretty damn miserable way to get.

Only flavored vodka worth a shit:

One handful of green pepper.

One bottle of Vodka.

Freezer.

Put pepper in vodka and leave it for a week on room temperature.

Put vodka in freezer until it becomes oil-like (~1-2h).

Drink.

Tomas, real man drink "French 75".

By peppers you mean ljute papricice a ne paprike?

By peppers you mean ljute papricice a ne paprike?

No, pepper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pepper

But in green variety.

Green pepper

Green pepper, like black, is made from the unripe drupes. Dried green peppercorns are treated in a way that retains the green color, such as treatment with sulfur dioxide, canning or freeze-drying. Pickled peppercorns, also green, are unripe drupes preserved in brine or vinegar. Fresh, unpreserved green pepper drupes, largely unknown in the West, are used in some Asian cuisines, particularly Thai cuisine.[7] Their flavor has been described as piquant and fresh, with a bright aroma.[8] They decay quickly if not dried or preserved.