Top Posters In This Topic

• Fritz

• Skywalkre

• Marek Tucan

• Harold Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How's the realism? :lol:

Tons of people I know are playing this, guess it's time to jump on the bandwagon....

I still have access to a ventrillo server if you guys want to get a game going with some VOIP sometime too.

If you want realism buy Steel Beasts. :)

This is more arcade than simnet, but it is fun and you can actually do fairly well by doing things that a real tank would do. Of course you can also do fairly well by charging in like a spaz at full speed in your Leopard light tank at 60 mph, at least for the 2 or 3 minutes you will survive. But the game is designed to allow you to hop right into another battle, but with a different tank since the one that just got killed will be locked until the battle ends.

If you want realism buy Steel Beasts. :)

This is more arcade than simnet, but it is fun and you can actually do fairly well by doing things that a real tank would do. Of course you can also do fairly well by charging in like a spaz at full speed in your Leopard light tank at 60 mph, at least for the 2 or 3 minutes you will survive. But the game is designed to allow you to hop right into another battle, but with a different tank since the one that just got killed will be locked until the battle ends.

How do I "buy" another (upgraded) tank? I have the in-game currency, but even after I "research" a vehicle, when I go to "buy a tank" from bottom of "garage" screen (and I now have three "buy a tank" buttons), when I press that, I get a bunch of tanks displayed (of which two are "in budget) but the "purchase" button beside them is not illuminated or clickable.

So far, ambush tactics on defense are working best for me. Got my first "double kill" in a game tonight.

Doug, there's an option on the left side to display only researched vehicles. Try clicking that, you should be able to buy anything you have researched. If it is a premium tank (one you buy for gold), you don't have to research it just pony up the gold (not credits).

Jason, I recognized the sarcasm hence the smiley after my comment. The internet really needs a sarcasm tag.

Had a feeling last night of what it was like going against a KV1 with a Mk3.

You have to shoot to the gun of that KV just like in real life. ;)

I could not find that picture of KV with multiple hits in the gun.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/galleries/KV/KV_1scr/SZ64_KV_1scr.jpg

Now in my garage: BT2, A20 (76.2mm) and BisonII.

The hit scars and penetrations are modeled very nicely in the game. Here some IRL examples:

http://bkpforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3117

Edited by Tomi Sarvanko

You have to shoot to the gun of that KV just like in real life. ;)

I could not find that picture of KV with multiple hits in the gun.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/galleries/KV/KV_1scr/SZ64_KV_1scr.jpg

Now in my garage: BT2, A20 (76.2mm) and BisonII.

The hit scars and penetrations are modeled very nicely in the game. Here some IRL examples:

http://bkpforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3117

I tried to do that but I was not sucessful :lol:

I find some of the battles to be very boring as all is over in a couple of minutes. Sometimes you get two teams who try to take it slowly and do not charge each other, then things are interesting.

It all depends on the players. Oh and I hate artilery units :angry: They are like snipers, you are moving along and then boom you are a smoking wreck:lol:

Edited by Mistral

I bought a BT-7 the other day, and I'm thinking that may have been a mistake. O.o It seem to have moved me into the 'big leagues' in matchmaking. Not sure why... But now I regularly find myself up against mediums and heavies, with only one or two other light tanks on the map. The best I can do is find a safe hiding spot as even flank and rear shots don't seem to do any damage.

Seems kind of odd... with my previous tanks, matchmaking always seemed to be against tanks no more than one size class bigger or smaller. I never found myself squaring off against anything bigger than one of the low-level mediums prior to this... now it's Tigers, ISes and Panthers everywhere...

It's very interesting to pursue some avenue of possible attack against your position (when everyone else on your team has gone off elsewhere) and you find, disconcertingly, that you were right. Nothing like coming 'round a bend or out of the trees on your own to find 3-4 bad guys coming right at you, and no one's got your back.

Ahhh...the life* of a scout.

*Which can be measured in 5-10 second increments in that situation.

E5M, you are E6M in the game?

T-28 with 85mm gun is serious - first time you can kill things with one hit (other then LT and MS-1). Got so far T-28, AT-1, Pz-IIIa, Wespe and SU-26. My favourite? SU-26 with 122mm howitzer. 150-152mm loads for ages, 76mm is utter crap.

Edited by bojan

Was this after you waited about 5 minutes to get into a game and drove around another 5 minutes at a whopping top speed of 11 kph? I think they captured the wrong realism elements :lol:

That actually exactly described my experience up until today. Game starts have been about 30 second waits for me now, and there are, on average, some 50 folks "in line" as opposed to 150 on previous days. Maybe my experience level has bumped me to another tier. Up until yesterday it was all just two types of tanks (the two light thingies). Today it's a good mix of heavies*, med*. and lights with SP and other.

All the more reason to bushwhack 'em from behind...I have to pump several shells in anything to kill it, or wait for someone else to finished off a tank I damaged.

Yep, are you bojan, in game? Think I saw that last night. Currently running T26 with long 45mm and a IIIA with 50mm/L42. Building money. S/F.....Ken M

I saw you in-game as E6M the other day. I dismissed the possibility that it was you. Duh.

I'm "Ascout" in game. My usual gaming name (or variations thereof) if I can snag it before someone else does.

Edited by Doug Kibbey

Yeah, got addicted couple days ago. Just trying to rack up exp to buy better hardware. Unfortunately the arty dogs are not capable of hitting the targets I find for them, often as not.

Defense while the kids commit suicide attacks is defintely the path to success with the lights. S/F.....Ken M

BT7 is a tier 3 which moves you out of the "bobo tier" matches and into the open ones. I got so fed up with the game...its booooooooring. SB is a full on hardcore sim and there is more gratifying action. Heck even the gunnery school training missions are more fun. :P

Have you tried Red Orchestra? Or the RO: Darkest Hour (Western Europe) mod? A little more sim-ish, though the DH mod is currently a little buggy (AP values got screwed up on some of the Allied tanks during the last update... should be fixed with the next update). It's an old game, but there are a few die-hard servers hanging on, including several tank-centric servers. It's only $10 on Steam for the game, plus both official Mods (no one seems to play the North Africa mod these days, though).

I bought a BT-7 the other day, and I'm thinking that may have been a mistake. O.o It seem to have moved me into the 'big leagues' in matchmaking. Not sure why... But now I regularly find myself up against mediums and heavies, with only one or two other light tanks on the map. The best I can do is find a safe hiding spot as even flank and rear shots don't seem to do any damage.

It was same with my BT7. Just scout. Run first, spot the enemy, die and collect the points. :)

With A20 it was easier and now with T34 Im in the right company.

I kept BT2 for fun. With that sometimes come "tractor hunting" maps and 6 kill streaks ensues.

Spotted the "E6M" too. :) I was sure that thats our "E5M".

He was driving P3 and I had a BisonII in "Lakes" map. We won. :)

In a Wespe, right? Still working towards a real cannon tank. S/F.....Ken M

Yes, had a PzI Bison which was decent damage wise but sucked in range and everything else then changed it to Wespe (retrained crew), which sucks in everything except range. SU-26 is still best arty so far - I took SU-5 which is supposed to be better rhen got SU-26 again...

On the tank front some 5000exp until KV...

Just now noticed that if you click those empty boxes next to the tank ammo boxes you can buy extra things to the tank. Notice that the last three boxes have different items than the first three empty ones.

Chocolate

Camo nets

Rev governor removal

Special optics

U name it.

Just now noticed that if you click those empty boxes next to the tank ammo boxes you can buy extra things to the tank. Notice that the last three boxes have different items than the first three empty ones.

Chocolate

Camo nets

Rev governor removal

Special optics

U name it.

Those upgades also depand on tank but are mostly universal.