• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fritz

• Skywalkre

• Marek Tucan

• Harold Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been playing since it went to beta, it's a lot of fun. It is by no means a simulator, but it is more than just a shooter with tank skins. About the only real problem I have with it is that all the games are basically random death matches with a capture the flag option, so your results depend a lot on how well or poorly the 14 strangers you are grouped with play the game. On the upside there is 0 down time, if you get knocked out early you can quit the battle and jump into another tank and another battle in seconds. I rotate through a Matilda (premium tank good money earner), T34/85, SU-100, and a PZ-III/IV (working my way up the Panther tech tree).

Now I have played for two days.

The game has good balance between realism and arcade.

Excellent multilayer system. Down time in lobby is zero.

The interesting part in this game for WW2 tank buff is that you have to research, upgrade and buy new tanks and train your crew.

You can choose light, medium, heavy tank, SPG, or TD "career".

You start with "armored tractor" on German side. :)

Now Im driving with PZJ-1 with 50mm gun and crack crew and trying to get money for Marder II.

There are *many* vehicles in this game. Also many proto/blueprint tanks are included. And the tanks can be modified heavily meaning you can have interesting combination that never existed.

Edited by Tomi Sarvanko

I started yesterday. Up to a fully upgraded Pz II A so far. It's fun. The lack of wait times and quick battles mean that it doesn't have to suck up huge amount of your time playing.

Looking forward to having something other than Russian (+ lend-lease) and German tanks, though. ...I want my Comet.

Does it have much British armour, or is it just the Matilda?

I have spotted Churchill too. Seem to be all the land lease tanks that Soviets got.

I think the game ll include western designs later.

German side can have "Land lease" French tanks.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/faq

Edited by Tomi Sarvanko

Thats fair enough, its more than I was expecting. I wouldnt be surprised if a Valentine crops up as well, since the Canadians gave them hundreds of the things.

Its a pity you cant recover wrecked vehicles and refit them, ala PanzerIII/SU76. I kind of liked doing that with the Mechwarrior game and Interstate 76, when you could recover knackered weapons and repair them.

Looks fun anyway, I shall give it a bash at some point.

The Valentine is in game, as are the Churchill, Matilda, and M3 Stuart on the Russian side.

And yes, the game's FAQ says that they'll be adding British, American and... Japanese (? O.o ...that should be interesting... or amusing) tanks later on.

My TD-career bite the dust.

I "sold" my Marder II. Too heavy and fast opponents in the same maps. I was outgunned, out armored, out manovered...

Ill go for T34/85 now and for "Wespe".

"I'm inviting everyone to collect blueprints and schematics of in-game tanks. This is a work-in-progress topic so discussion and suggestions are welcomed. However don't be surprised if your comment gets deleted if I need to rearrange some things, and especially if it doesn't contain any directly useful information. If your image has notes in other language but english please try to leave at least a brief description of what exactly we are looking at.

"

Game name login:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/3688-tank-blueprints-and-schematics/

p.s

My game name is "MajorT0m".

Checked the list again, yes, they really do mention Japanese tanks (but no Italian). At least it will have a certain novelty factor? O.o I haven't played many tank-based games, but I can't really think of any others that have put any effort into including Japanese tanks. They also mention adding more French tanks, too.

Fun game, played 3 times and managed my first kill, a guy ambushed me, hit me on the side then decided to make a run for it, and took a burst of 20mm in the back :lol:

How do you change between ammo though?

How do you change between ammo though?

1 2 3

press once to load selected round as next, twice to load it imidiately.

BY GOD it's hard to hit ANYTHING in this game, I just don't get it how people are killing me....

/R

You get better with practice, until you get the hang of it try using auto aim (right click target) for moving targets over 2 or 300 yards. Also, you can change ammo by hitting the corresponding button twice, the game always loads AP so to change to HE hit the 3 key twice, if you want to change what round gets reloaded after firing hit the corresponding key once and after you fire that round type will be loaded when you shoot. Use HE against targets that you have no hope of killing with AP, HE rounds have a chance to damage systems even if they don't penetrate, they also can start engine fires, finally they can do damage on a near miss. One of my favorite low tier vehicles is the Soviet AT-1 with the 76mm gun firing HE, it can one or two shot most of the stuff you are likely to run into and it has a fairly quick reload time.

You get better with practice, until you get the hang of it try using auto aim (right click target) for moving targets over 2 or 300 yards. Also, you can change ammo by hitting the corresponding button twice, the game always loads AP so to change to HE hit the 3 key twice, if you want to change what round gets reloaded after firing hit the corresponding key once and after you fire that round type will be loaded when you shoot. Use HE against targets that you have no hope of killing with AP, HE rounds have a chance to damage systems even if they don't penetrate, they also can start engine fires, finally they can do damage on a near miss. One of my favorite low tier vehicles is the Soviet AT-1 with the 76mm gun firing HE, it can one or two shot most of the stuff you are likely to run into and it has a fairly quick reload time.

I finally got on and after getting my clock cleaned in the first two games, finally got a kill in the third and inflicted serious damage before my own death in the fourth. I found it takes three solid hits for a kill with my wimpy 37mm and ammo selection is definitely a factor.

So is flanking maneuvers while scanning 360 so you don't drive up into a platoon of enemy standing at parade rest off to your side while you're busy flanking a base. And real cover counts for a lot. Concealment, not so much, after you fire that first shot (see my signature...it's relevant here, too). And keep an eye out for routes that offer reasonable cover on approach and don't stay with "the pack" during approach or you're just gonna' all die together.

BY GOD it's hard to hit ANYTHING in this game, I just don't get it how people are killing me....

/R

RTFM :)

There is accuracy circle in the sight. When you move or pivot the turret the accuracy circle gets bigger.

Then you have to wait for few seconds to get it smaller and the shot ll be more accurate. (inside the small circle).

I started SPG career with Bison. Fun little artillery duel game in the game. You have to be very careful or the counter battery ll get you.

I always first try to spot the enemy's artillery muzzle flashes and knock out their SPG:s.

Had a feeling last night of what it was like going against a KV1 with a Mk3. Near the end of the battle there were 4 of us left with mk3s and one KV1 for the other side. He was immobilised in a village, we took positions all around him and hammered him. Those messages that my shots were not penetrating while the turret was moving slowly towards me were quite unerving :unsure:

Had another game with 4 kills and another 3 damaged to my credit. I mostly die though :lol:

Edited by Mistral

I'm finally surviving some games. (No, not by running other way). I have been picking likely avenues of attack on base and hiding in ambush a couple hundred meters or so out, firing, and running from bush-to-bush or building-to-building. Not a lot of kills that way, but damage to other guy credits, and at least I'm still "in battle" when it's over.

It is possible to fire on the move and get hits when they're 100 meters out, or a little more.