King Sargent

Michael Eastes

Damn it! How did I miss this? I was just wondering this morning where King had been the last couple of days. I'm going to miss arguing with him and laughing with him.

Rest in peace King.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This truly sucks.

I thought of King the other day when I read an article about a new dustbowl being predicted for the great depression era dustbowl states. He told me a few years back, "The dustbowl resulted in Okies moving to California and raising the IQ level in both places". A true scholar and as others have said, he passed far too young.

I only wish I had had the opportunity to have met him in person.

RIP King.

I am only a lurker here, even if I visit almost daily. His posts were something I always looked for for the factual knowledge, common sense and the humor he imparted. A pity he had to go so early, he still had much to offer. God bless his immortal soul.

"Fill your hand you summabitch", even if that's not how the Duke pronounced it ;)

Do it often.

A small detail: when we first travelled together, he only listened to military music. I was gradually able to turn him on to Celtic music, and even some classic rock. ( I never got him past the Hendrix Barrier, though...)

So, when you sit down to drink in his memory, put on some military music, or maybe some Natalie McMaster, or even a little Creedence Clearwater Revival, and enjoy.

Ah Hell, Simon & Garfunkel "Sound of Silence"

Guess I'll just have to go do it again.

Godspeed King. :(

King was one of the guys to listen to whom, I joined Tanknet for. He was a fount of knowledge on military systems, and not just that, very down to earth and always gracious.

This is really shocking news. My condolences to his near and dear ones.

Edited by nitin

I was hoping it was his birthday or something when I clicked on the link. What a shock.

I wish I could have told him how much I appreciated his posts when he was alive. And, his service.

When I read the link about starting a forum in his name, I was already worried.

I too wish I had told him how much I appreciated his posts and how gracious he was.

Edited by nitin

I'm not to sure what to say King was ........ King the world seems a lesser place without him . Please Extend my condolences to his family

He was a COMPLETELY different from the typical internet forum stereotype: he didn't have opinions, he had solid fact and experience to back up what he knew. He only trounced people for thinking they knew something when they didn't. Yeah, I'm writing a second memorial for him; tell me he doesn't deserve more!

As many others here I never met King in person. However, over the last decade his posts in This Grate Sight made him a daily part of my life and I feel like I knew him. This is shocking and saddening news. He was too young.

RIP King. Since you changed your avatar to Abe Simpson I think of you and TN every time I hear about the show. I wish that I had taken the plunge and gone to one of the I&I´s to meet you in person.

To those here who were lucky enough to meet him: I am deeply sorry for your loss.

I really liked his work stories too and really liked his practical common sense perspectives. The last part, in general. As I said before, he had a way of being able to easily interject perspective, bigger and better views of things, that changed the look and how to deal with them. Made sense. I definately thought of him as a wise old one, but young still. After about 5 years of comms, thats a lot of wisdom shared. And lots of laughter :) Its nice to be able to talk.

He was a COMPLETELY different from the typical internet forum stereotype: he didn't have opinions, he had solid fact and experience to back up what he knew. He only trounced people for thinking they knew something when they didn't. Yeah, I'm writing a second memorial for him; tell me he doesn't deserve more!

Yep. I think that almost all my (few) discussions with him ended with me writing "I stand corrected".

I was so happy to see KingSarge back & better (as he informed in his .sig), his contribution to this site was invaluable, it is depressing to hear he's gone. My condolences to all who knew him personally...

Damn, I am older than your father, be 71 in May.

Hey, you'd have had to get an early start, but you could have been my father (I'm 54*). :P

*Gah, what a sinking sensation when I typed that...Doggone it, I don't feel 54! :blink: