Movies

Tommy Bennett

7 hours ago, NickM said:

Love these vids but I am 'unsure' about those wymmyns having so much exposed skin with all that hot brass flying around.

Well, perhaps they keep to the left of the shooter, but I really do not know.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exploring non-English movies: V síti

Three teen-looking actress acted as three shy, makeup-less, closed-necklined, passive 12 years old. They created three profiles on a local chat page, with their own 12-year old photos. They repeatedly reminded their chat partners that they're only 12 years old. Ten days, 2458 pedophiles, about 30 of them women.

There is a long documentary version for adults, and a short educational cut for schools.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, NickM said:

Love these vids but I am 'unsure' about those wymmyns having so much exposed skin with all that hot brass flying around.

Silicone is impervious to heat. Just sayin'.

The deviations were negligible. I liked the interpretation of the ornithopters as dragonfly imitations. The Lynch sandworms looked nicer, but the new ones appear more realistic (as far as 400m long living creatures in a bone dry sand environment can be considered "realistic" to begin with).

The 2 1/2 hours fly; it ending in the middle of the story almost comes as a shock ... but if you split the story in half, the chosen moment is probably ideal.

An old French war movie set in the waning days of the Indochina War:

Though my version is in black n white; filmed by Pierre Schoendoerffer, who was actually a war correspondent and taken prisoner at Dien Bien Phu.  Apparently they're a French led, Laotian militia platoon trying to 'harass' the Vietminh supply lines and things go wrong. Here's my favorite take away from the wiki on the film:

The film was shot with a crew of six in the middle of a Cambodian forest during the rainy season....French military routine, drills and jargon are perfectly depicted. "I imposed a strict military regime on everyone," Schoendoerffer said. "A war film shouldn't be made in comfort."[4] ct".

• 2 weeks later...

Bond seemed really good up until like 2/3 through, but the last third dragged it down. The ending took way too damn LONG, and all the action scenes seriously felt like Bond and Nomi were just at some newbie level to grind exp. Seriously they went through like 300 mooks. It looked really silly. And the main baddie, who initially was very intriguing and intimidating, crapped his character by talking and talking and never arriving to any meaningful point. We never even learned his primary goal. It was all just so anticlimatic.

Also, Seydoux and Craig don't have a great chemistry together. So promoting her as some great undying love felt daft. Finally, now Craig does great shocked face, but going for 'emotional Bond' well tapped it dry 2 movies ago. Especially in a film which was so long.

As for Dune, yes it was amazeballs. It felt like watching Fellowship of the Ring for the first time: sure it kinda dragged and there were flaws, but immersion of being in the world you long imagined overwhelmed everything else. 

Bond was better than I expected, though Yama's criticisms are on point. Plus I got tired of the "emotive musical score to tell the viewers how to feel" nonsense.

Seydoux is a beautiful woman, but she just doesn't do anything for me. Ana was great, but in the last few Bond flicks it is Naomie who is the eye candy for me.