Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

"Mia Khalifa starring in...

Guns Of Arabia

"

a Backdoor Productions film.

Oh you so bad

3 hours ago, Stargrunt6 said:

So then...has anybody else of her ilk decided to bring shame upon her family for a fleeting moment of fame?

2 hours ago, bojan said:

Not to nitpick, but Gnats could dance circles around Sabres. :)

AND I recall a snippet from one of those Air warfare books by Bill Gunston: In talking about the Gnat during the Indo Pakistani Wars, the point was made that the missiles being carried by their opponent cost more than the Gnat itself.

Im old enough to remember when the RAF display team was still using Gnats on my local airfield. They used to put dead fuses in the box controlling the limiter on the aileron actuators, so they had snappier rolls. Supposedly it had been fitted after really snap rolls were discovered to break the wings. Sporty little thing.

21 hours ago, bojan said:

Not to nitpick, but Gnats could dance circles around Sabres. :)

mebbe not with drop tanks (so expensive the Indians don't punch them... 😮 ), but to even things out, the Sabres didn't use their Sidewinders in the most favourable position they could imagine

20 hours ago, NickM said:

AND I recall a snippet from one of those Air warfare books by Bill Gunston: In talking about the Gnat during the Indo Pakistani Wars, the point was made that the missiles being carried by their opponent cost more than the Gnat itself.

I recall reading, many years ago in a Spanish aircraft magazine, that one Pakistani pilot, debriefed after downing a Gnat using a Matra R.530 missile, said that the kill had been economically unsound, as the 530 was more expensive than the Gnat.

2 hours ago, Sardaukar said:

Obviously, for me the near future release of Dune is the most important. :D

When i see Rabban, i see Mika.😄

1 hour ago, TonyE said:

When i see Rabban, i see Mika.😄

Well, it is a bit likely you could pass as this one, Tony:

ui3jp0y7jxa71.jpg

4 hours ago, Sardaukar said:

Obviously, for me the near future release of Dune is the most important. :D

They had me at "Zendaya"...

4 hours ago, sunday said:

I recall reading, many years ago in a Spanish aircraft magazine, that one Pakistani pilot, debriefed after downing a Gnat using a Matra R.530 missile, said that the kill had been economically unsound, as the 530 was more expensive than the Gnat.

Pretty much the quote I got, too.

53 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

They had me at "Zendaya"...

The snarky, non redheaded Mary Jane? Well, at least on Arrakis, her melanin content makes more sense.

17 hours ago, sunday said:

Gnats were not that cheap at all, costing about as much as 75-90% of the "new generation" fighters (Mirage III/MiF-21F-13 etc).

4 hours ago, Stefan Fredriksson said:

Khraniteli.

Not sure if this is a hoax or not

It's not. This was quite a sensation when it was rediscovered early this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/05/soviet-tv-version-lord-of-the-rings-rediscovered-after-30-years