tanknet.org

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would rather watch movie by Uwe Boll than by Michael Bay. At least first one is honest in the trashness and does not pretend he is doing masterworks.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:09 AM, bojan said:

I would rather watch movie by Uwe Boll than by Michael Bay. At least first one is honest in the trashness and does not pretend he is doing masterworks.

13 Hours was great and the first Transformers wasn't bad.  I can't think of a single decent thing from Boll and considering many attribute him with the reluctance of studios to convert games to movies given how abysmal his have been I can't say I have any love for the guy.

1 hour ago, Skywalkre said:

13 Hours was great...

Just barely watchable. Which certainly is an improvement for Bay.

and the first Transformers wasn't bad. 

Did not watch it, I have never liked Transformers or most of the cult '80/90s cartoons.

I can't think of a single decent thing from Boll

There is nothing, but you can watch it at the level of the trash by John Waters, as absolutely ridiculous thing it you are really into it. Something that is impossibly to do with Bay due the preachiness. I avoid both.

and considering many attribute him with the reluctance of studios to convert games to movies given how abysmal his have been I can't say I have any love for the guy.

Most of the game to movie conversions would suck no matter what, for fundamentally failing to understand what made a game great or being imposible to translate from a 1st person to a 3rd person narative (try filming Planescape The Torment...). So I actually don't really care if they get filmed or not. Track record, even w/o Boll is less then stellar, even so much acclaimed Witcher feels like "made for TV" remake of the cult European movie, made w/o even remotely understanding what has made it great in the first place. Plus a casting was a disaster due the "have to have black people/african americans/PoC/whatever is a a PC pronoun ATM in the fantasy equivalent of the medieval Poland":

7jzvfxi5shb31.jpg

Edited by bojan
2 hours ago, bojan said:

Did not watch it, I have never liked Transformers or most of the cult '80/90s cartoons.

No "Wolf & Rabbit"?😦

2 hours ago, bojan said:

Plus a casting was a disaster due the "have to have black people/african americans/PoC/whatever is a a PC pronoun ATM in the fantasy equivalent of the medieval Poland":

Pure gold, Bojan. 😄😁

12 minutes ago, TonyE said:

No "Wolf & Rabbit"?😦

Soviet https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ну,_погоди! ? Had it on the video tape but I am not sure I have ever seen it on TV. During the '80s local TV mostly played Bugs Bunny & Co, Disney and few odd ones (Hillbilly BearsPossible Possum and Somewhere in Dreamland) on the endless repeat. Mostly stopped watching cartoons when we got VCR in the second half of '80s... God, now that I think about it I think it was 1986-87. and that first movie I have ever got from a video rental was Top Gun... 😂

Edited by bojan
16 hours ago, Stargrunt6 said:

Is it me or is Sasha Baron Cohen's schtick kinda tired?

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/sacha-baron-cohen-borat-2

We had patience for just over 30 minutes, then quit. Just wasn't funny or interesting enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, bojan said:

Just barely watchable. Which certainly is an improvement for Bay.

OOC, why do you say that?  I was surprised how accurate it ended up being.  The actors all did a great job in their portrayals of the main characters and the focus was on them and not scoring political points. 

The only issue I had after reading details of the actual event was that Bay embellished most of the combat scenes... but I should've expected that from him.