Movies

Tommy Bennett

I enjoyed Godzilla. So adorable. :D

Was good! Enjoyed it!

Same here! Seen it THREE times so far--it's like Pacific Rim and I really enjoyed it. Ghidorah's three heads lotsa personality-especially the left hand head...he seemed a bit 'off'.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed Godzilla. So adorable. :D

Was good! Enjoyed it!

Same here! Seen it THREE times so far--it's like Pacific Rim and I really enjoyed it. Ghidorah's three heads lotsa personality-especially the left hand head...he seemed a bit 'off'.

I was thinking of going for a second time :D

Great fight scenes. Ghidora was such a bad-ass. Rodan and Mothra were great too. Looking forward to Godzilla vs Kong!

Mothra was a badass! That scene where she's attacking Rodan, with legs/claws/whatever forward - damn! And that stinger! 8)

I got sad when she got vapourized. :(

I like how it's a big budget American-version of the Japanese Godzilla movies in that there are unique weapons/aircraft. The Godzilla movie that struck me as a kid was the 1985 movie, with the Super X plane and all that. The USS Argo in G:KOM reminded me of the Super X in G'85. And then there's the Mothra "twins," represented by Zhang Ziyi's characters. Also the background graphics as the end credits start rolling, can't wait to see Kong v Godzilla.

Too bad G:KOM didn't seem to perform well $$$ but I liked it. There's supposedly a complaint that there isn't much character development among the human characters, and too many monster fights. I think that's a compliment than a complaint! :lol:

Ghidora was holy shit awesome scary! Seeing the two fight was awesome. I like how the movie gives a sense of dread and makes you feel really really tiny. Also like the little bits of humour. :)

All in all, I found it worth watching. Might watch it again. :)

Mothra's web was neat too. Starscream had to interrupt :)

Zhang Ziyi is so different compared to her in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, except looks, she hasn't aged much (minus the sword of course) :wub:

I've seen the 1985 one after having seen some of the earlier Godzilla films. One thing that impressed me was seeing the new modern style sky scrapers being taller than Godzilla. I liked it. Godzilla vs military were one of my favorites.

Mothra getting vaporized got me sad too and reminded me of the 2001 Godzilla film. She gets vaporized into dust in that one too, in a rather similar way too.

In some short videos about the making of the movie, the makers say they were fans of Godzilla movies and I can believe because I really do think they did a really good job in given them a modern update while keeping core characteristic and the movie itself flowed pretty much like a standard Godzilla move with any sort of sci-fi based story line that get a pass because it doesn't have to be accurate rocket science. The cast helped improved the people parts even if character development may have been sacrificed. But yeah, honestly I think it is a point overplayed. There are other big time action movies in which the plot and character development really isn't all that much better but it can't be heard about those movies being criticized so much about character development.

I believe I saw one short clip of King Kong in the movie during the people talking part and there was two, maybe three short references or mentioning of Kong on Skull island. So it helps transition into the next one.

Drift looks precise!

I'm not sure of The Big G should be viewed as Megatron rather than as Optimus.

Mothra was a badass! That scene where she's attacking Rodan, with legs/claws/whatever forward - damn! And that stinger! 8)

I got sad when she got vapourized. :(

I like how it's a big budget American-version of the Japanese Godzilla movies in that there are unique weapons/aircraft. The Godzilla movie that struck me as a kid was the 1985 movie, with the Super X plane and all that. The USS Argo in G:KOM reminded me of the Super X in G'85. And then there's the Mothra "twins," represented by Zhang Ziyi's characters. Also the background graphics as the end credits start rolling, can't wait to see Kong v Godzilla.

Too bad G:KOM didn't seem to perform well $$$ but I liked it. There's supposedly a complaint that there isn't much character development among the human characters, and too many monster fights. I think that's a compliment than a complaint! :lol:

Ghidora was holy shit awesome scary! Seeing the two fight was awesome. I like how the movie gives a sense of dread and makes you feel really really tiny. Also like the little bits of humour. :)

All in all, I found it worth watching. Might watch it again. :)

Mothra ALWAYS gets killed; as for Ghidorah, I enjoy the Moe, Larry & Curly (or is it Scar Shenzi and Ed?) relationship the three heads had

Drift looks precise!

I'm not sure of The Big G should be viewed as Megatron rather than as Optimus.

Optimus is surely more of an outspoken character for the good and more of a rallying force. But can't see Megatron, from the little that I know about that though. Maybe Godzilla is more like Saito Hajime in a less mentally sophisticated way :)

Edited by JasonJ

X-Men Dark Phoenix is a bore. Do not watch unless you have insomnia and badly need sleep. -2748/+5.

Such a far far cry from the Infinity Saga. I hope this is well and truly the end of the X-Men franchise. The whole "We're not so different from you guys so don't persecute us, and diversity is beautiful" schtick is tiresome already. Make them stop making X-Men movies please.

Edited by Corinthian

X-Men Dark Phoenix is a bore. Do not watch unless you have insomnia and badly need sleep. -2748/+5.

Such a far far cry from the Infinity Saga. I hope this is well and truly the end of the X-Men franchise. The whole "We're not so different from you guys so don't persecute us, and diversity is beautiful" schtick is tiresome already. Make them stop making X-Men movies please.

I could never get interested in the x-mutant theme. Just gives carte blanche to the comic writers to come up with mutant power of the week.

I could never get interested in the x-mutant theme. Just gives carte blanche to the comic writers to come up with mutant power of the week.

Bingo, haven't seen a single one at the theater, quit even bothering to watch them on cable/dvd/bluray 2-3 movies ago, just didn't care.

Edited by GregShaw

The only X-Men stuff that's interested me at all has been Wovlerine. I felt that the last one with Xavier suffering from old age and mental illness was excellent.

The only X-Men stuff that's interested me at all has been Wovlerine. I felt that the last one with Xavier suffering from old age and mental illness was excellent.

OK. wolverine I can watch a little bit. But never seen a movie end to end. If those were X-Men in Deadpool then I've seen some. Other than that I'm not interested.

I stopped watch TV Flash as just too many mutants. No smart crooks like Lex Luthar or Batman villains.

Edited by Mobius

I dont know, I thought the ones set in the Cuban Missile Crisis and the one set in 1973 were both pretty good. I cant say ive been much of a fan of the others. Im not quite sure why. I think the plots for the most part were not very good.

Wolverine was good, I have to agree.

There are technically three Wolverine movies, so to avoid confusing the matter.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - a very confused mess, mostly remembered for the way they managed to completely fcuk up the Deadpool character

The Wolverine (2013) - An improvement on the earlier outing, but that is not saying all that much. Set mostly in Japan.

Logan (2017) - Old man Wolverine. Most excellent movie. Basically a western.

Logan is the good one. If you seek out the others, based on people talking about Logan, you will be disappointed.

--

Soren

How in the world is Kong supposed to fight Godzilla and not get obliterated? The Kong from a few years ago is maybe 1/10 the size of Godzilla, our weapons actually hurt Kong, and Godzilla could just cough that breath attack of his and melt Kong.

Them teaming up I could see work... but fighting each other? I was always puzzled when I first heard that a few years ago.

How in the world is Kong supposed to fight Godzilla and not get obliterated? The Kong from a few years ago is maybe 1/10 the size of Godzilla, our weapons actually hurt Kong, and Godzilla could just cough that breath attack of his and melt Kong.

Them teaming up I could see work... but fighting each other? I was always puzzled when I first heard that a few years ago.

I hear that Kong was an adolescent in the 2017 one. So He'll be bigger in the next one. Godzilla likely will still be bigger but not by as much. Kong is smarter, has larger arms and hands for wrestling, or punching, and throwing like that ship propeller in 2017, and is more agile like he can jump around and such.