Movies

Tommy Bennett

Building the buzz.

I guess. I've just never seen anything build better buzz for a movie then a good trailer/clip (which it sounds like they had).

Edited by Skywalkre

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the end of 'September Dawn', a movie about the Mountain Meadows Massacre where Mormons slaughtered an entire wagon train of immigrants from Missouri. Every man, woman and child. It's damned hard to watch.

And it's pretty damning of the Mormon faith, too.

[Edit] Jesus. I know that the US Army was set to go into Utah after the massacre. I have no idea why they didn't burn Salt Lake City to the ground.

Edited by Jim Martin

Just watched a Canadian "horror" film called, Pontypool. I've seen quite a bit of entertainment from Canada in my life, but only recently am I seeing the pattern. There is something desperately wrong with you people. We Americans are part mad and largely confused, but you guys are well and truly f*cked up. We need to stop immigrants from the southern border, and cinema from up north.

I will say that I really enjoyed the actors and the setting until the M. Night Shayamalwhatever weirdness kicked in. It shouldn't've been a psychological horror film, but better a study of a half baked alcoholic DJ.

I saw Iron Man 2 today. Not bad. Gwynyth Paltrow is beautiful, but when Scarlett Johansson was on the screen, Gwynyth looked like the ugly stepsister.

----

As for Canuckistani cinema, lets not forget the benefits of such; Strange Brew, Stargate SG-1, etc.

I saw Iron Man 2 today. Not bad. Gwynyth Paltrow is beautiful, but when Scarlett Johansson was on the screen, Gwynyth looked like the ugly stepsister.

----

As for Canuckistani cinema, lets not forget the benefits of such; Strange Brew, Stargate SG-1, etc.

I abhor Paltrow these days thanx to her political leftiness, tho I did think she looked sweet in Shakespeare in Love. I prefer larger boobs on my cinematic babes in general. She is like flat. Scarlett is mesmerizing. She didn't have to speak since I honestly wasn't listening. I'm not a chauvinist, that woman is just wonderful to watch.

I just watched Brooklyn's Finest, most of which wasn't shot in Brooklyn. There were many places in Queens and The Bronx filling in. Kinda funny being from there. If you like cop movies where black & white is very grey, it isn't bad. The body count is very high tho, for you girly squeamish types. :P

Whenever I see a celeb like Paltrow, I am always reminded of the movie "Man With Two Brains" starring Steve Martin. If only I could transplant the brain of a woman I liked into Paltrow's body...

-----

Went to see Inception the other night. Very good, though the ending was predictable.

I always figured she was from LA wealth by her general demeanor. I had no idea she was Blythe Danner's kid. Her father is also a producer, so no surprises on her shoehorn to stardom.

Hopefully the nanny beat her vigorously. :P

Edited by Tommy Bennett

Finally saw Paranormal Activity. Glad to see that cocky asshole of a bf get his.

I can't imagine this would be a spoiler a year on but;

Yeah, although the flip side is if he'd bailed on her when she refused to leave he'd still be alive. Amusing that the one time he isn't a douche it kills him.

Matt

I abhor Paltrow these days thanx to her political leftiness, tho I did think she looked sweet in Shakespeare in Love.

"Shakespeare" was pure shite. The moral: F*ck your way out of writer's block.

I can't imagine this would be a spoiler a year on but;

Yeah, although the flip side is if he'd bailed on her when she refused to leave he'd still be alive. Amusing that the one time he isn't a douche it kills him.

Matt

His behavior was akin to telling a woman with brain cancer to not go see an oncologist, he'd cure her--in the meantime making a video spectacle of her predicament.

His behavior was akin to telling a woman with brain cancer to not go see an oncologist, he'd cure her--in the meantime making a video spectacle of her predicament.

That's kinda harsh, he's not a Scientologist for God's sake! That said, it is a fairly effective movie. I admit I jumped hard when the demon grabs her leg and drags her out of bed. That was damned effective at freaking me out!

Matt

No, I figured hers for the kind of brain you might want to transplant, though. :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of Ann Coulter's brain in Tera's body...

Perhaps a NSFW warning on her name for those who don't know her and decide to google image search her is in order.

I am intrigued by the life size rubber mould of her ass and ummm, yeah, that you can buy for ummm, "personal use"... :blink:

Learn something new every day...

Just saw "The Road." I really liked how desolate everything looked. Great acting, loved the story structure with the flashbacks. It shows how bad things are by showing how not-so-bad they used to be.

I didn't know who Kera Patrick was, so I googled and got her site. She is very pretty indeed, but the accompanying video of her talking leads me to understand the brain transplant. It's kind of a shame that someone so sexy isn't also interesting. I can't imagine the kind of life she led that got her to this point, but what else would she do, work in a salon doing fingernails?

Luke, in addition to the rubber butt, did they mention a full size and lifelike doll?

:unsure:

Actually, her mom was hotter and exuded considerably more class on screen. Paltrow is just another vacuous blond bimbo.

I would do many, many, many naughty things to Blythe Danner back in the day- and she would love it. Still pretty damned easy on the eyes.

Have a look for yourself (Probably inappropriate for work)

http://www.youradulttoystore.com/proddetail.php?prod=SE7011-01

Wow. They actually have an Area 51 doll that looks like one of those big-eyed aliens. I guess they must have an audience out there.

I saw an episode of Real Sex on HBO several years ago, where they showed some 'starlets' being fitted into tubs of gooey rubber to make the molds. It seamed kinda dehumanizing, but if they gave them a bag of money, it's no worse than the rest of their profession, I guess.