Armored Cars

Kentucky-roughrider

Are there any good books are armored cars since World War One, I am not interested in anything from Osprey Publishing, I am looking for more that that? I already have Steeds of Steal and I loved it. Harry Yiede, I know your here keep them coming. I have seen one or two on Amazon, are they any good? http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Chariots-Deser...d=1K7TOKOZXOQMU and http://www.amazon.com/Armoured-Cars-Eden-P.../ref=pd_sim_b_2 Are they any others than these two from wars since then or other books from that wars too?

Edited by Kentucky-roughrider

There are a number of books on the Recce Regiments which will have details and accounts of the use of Armoured Cars. Iron Fist by Brian Bryan Perret has a chapter on the armoured cars in WWI and WWII.

We have the text of Scottish Lion On Patrol on the 15th Recce Website (with permission of the authors)

Edited by rmgill

R.P. Hunnicutt had a later work on "Armored Cars". However, it's likely to address primarily or exclusively those in American use.

I picked up a copy from the Patton Museum bookstore when I was at Ft Knox for Memorial Day (when I met Tim/Tank Nut and Jim Martin. It is a history of US armored car development, including LAVs and early Strykers.

There wasn't a price posted; when I read the receipt, I nearly choked; the book was over $100!!! :o I've since donated it to the local library.

• 2 years later...
R.P. Hunnicutt had a later work on "Armored Cars". However, it's likely to address primarily or exclusively those in American use.

I picked up a copy from the Patton Museum bookstore when I was at Ft Knox for Memorial Day (when I met Tim/Tank Nut and Jim Martin. It is a history of US armored car development, including LAVs and early Strykers.

There wasn't a price posted; when I read the receipt, I nearly choked; the book was over $100!!! I've since donated it to the local library.

I have since acquired a new copy ($95) and have just started reading it so not able to comment other that to say that if you're familiar with Hunnicutt tomes in general, this is of that format and flavor. Seems to emphasize more successful and numerous designs (V100 family, Stryker, HMMWV varriants, etc.). As little as 1-2 pages on XR-311, Twister, FAV's I'd hoped for more on those.