Politicians to Watch For 2012, 2016

Jim Martin

Chill. Grab a pussy or something.

Terrific advice.

Btw, which side of the boat are you on the embargo topic ?

The side of the boat that makes it all the way to Key West? :P

You took that one away from the tip of my tongue :)

And yes, i have a side of the fence: it stays on.

Not Cuban, but it should stay there.

Anything other is giving a pardon to Castro for his short 60 year reign of terror.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was ever in doubt? :blink:

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms.

:lol:

I love the selective memory this tool uses all the time. Seems to have forgotten the comments Trump made on the trail months ago about roughing up protesters and how he'll pay the legal defense of folks who do. Seems to have forgotten the harassment conservatives who don't support Trump are getting from his supporters and from the candidate himself. Was also watching a CNN piece in the breakroom at work today and they showed several supporters harassing the reporter while she was asking questions at a rally. Guess he's never seen that as well or simply 'forgotten'.

Yeah... the bullying is entirely on one side of the fence here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Skywalkre

Hillary can into bullying too?

To claim in bold as I quoted Adams above that you're supporting one side over another over something they both have done is straight up hypocrisy (or extreme ignorance... but Adams is too smart for that to be the case).

Edited by Skywalkre

Chill. Grab a pussy or something.

Terrific advice.

Btw, which side of the boat are you on the embargo topic ?

The side of the boat that makes it all the way to Key West? :P

You took that one away from the tip of my tongue :)

And yes, i have a side of the fence: it stays on.

Not Cuban, but it should stay there.

Anything other is giving a pardon to Castro for his short 60 year reign of terror.

And other reigns he has propped up and helped maintain in power

So in your view the embargo is there not to pardon Castro for its 60 year reign of terror ? What kind of logic is that ? The embargo primarily affects the population, not the ruling class and gives a perfect excuse for all the shortcomings of the system.

It's making the status quo last as the population and the state reached an equilibrium where the idea is we give you the minimum to live without actually doing any real work and you don't have political demands. What you need is to throw a wrench in the system gears. The context is perfect with Venezuela in tatters.

If the embargo is truly lifted, I predict the regime will fall in 4-5 years at most simply by enabling socio-economic tidal forces to rock the 60 years old status quo. Economic benefits and access to the world will start eroding the party mantra. Soon, you'll have state nomenclature and private actors getting filthy rich and the regime will be forced to start purges. Just like the USSR under Gorbachev. That will be trigger point for the regime to be toppled, the last thing the newly enriched want is to part with their fortunes. It will be messy, probably even bloody, but it will bring and end to the regime.

What happens next can be greatly influenced by the emigres in the US. and how much they get involved.

Eric Braverman, former Clinton Foundation CEO, request political asylum in Russia

An extraordinary Security Council (SC) report circulating in the Kremlin today says this morning President Putin was “officially presented” with a Main Directorate for Migration Affairs (GUVM) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) “file for review” relating to a request for “urgent and immediate” political asylum requested by an American citizen named Eric Braverman—who was the former CEO of the Clinton Foundation, and is known as the man who can expose “The Real Hillary Clinton Scandal. [Note: Some words and/or phrases appearing in quotes in this report are English language approximations of Russian words/phrases having no exact counterpart.]

http://westernsentinel.com/kremlin-turmoil-clinton-foundation-ceo-requests-urgent-immediate-asylum/#comments

You don't really believe something written by anonymous staff on a website with highly partisan pro-Trump/anti-Clinton articles with a distinct conspiracy bend, based upon social media rumors about an alleged highly classified internal Russian government report but not giving its sources, right? It has all the hallmarks of a typical Russian information warfare operation, currently at the threshold of jumping from social to internet "news" media, aimed at contributing to formenting further domestic political tension in the US at a critical point. Even other tabloidy new sites note the dubious sources. Others have gone and called it an outright hoax, including snopes.com. Now the latter is of course frequently accused of having a lefty bend by right-wingers, but I suspect they are right.

Edited by BansheeOne

And not even supermodels!

Indeed, nothing super about the many times tried but never successful "soft power regime change" model... the kind of pie-in-the-sky foreign policy we will get with 3 years of Clintonismo coming our way.

Softpower doesn't work with closed societies( NK) or resource rich ( Russia ). With Cuba it would work like a charm.

Besides, as there never is the alternative of hard power, maintaining the embargo is absolutely futile. It didn't work for 60 years. What do you want ? Wait another 60 ? The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing all over again and expecting different results. Ponder about that a bit.

Eric Braverman, former Clinton Foundation CEO, request political asylum in Russia

An extraordinary Security Council (SC) report circulating in the Kremlin today says this morning President Putin was “officially presented” with a Main Directorate for Migration Affairs (GUVM) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) “file for review” relating to a request for “urgent and immediate” political asylum requested by an American citizen named Eric Braverman—who was the former CEO of the Clinton Foundation, and is known as the man who can expose “The Real Hillary Clinton Scandal. [Note: Some words and/or phrases appearing in quotes in this report are English language approximations of Russian words/phrases having no exact counterpart.]

http://westernsentinel.com/kremlin-turmoil-clinton-foundation-ceo-requests-urgent-immediate-asylum/#comments

You don't really believe something written by anonymous staff on a website with highly partisan pro-Trump/anti-Clinton articles with a distinct conspiracy bend, based upon social media rumors about an alleged highly classified internal Russian government report but not giving its sources, right? It has all the hallmarks of a typical Russian information warfare operation, currently at the threshold of jumping from social to internet "news" media, aimed at contributing to formenting further domestic political tension in the US at a critical point. Even other tabloidy new sites note the dubious sources. Others have gone and called it an outright hoax, including snopes.com. Now the latter is of course frequently accused of having a lefty bend by right-wingers, but I suspect they are right.

Frankly, the prospect of a disinformation operation crossed my mind. There is this other story about Mr. Braverman, that hints of some disagreement:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/clinton-foundation-eric-braverman-115598

Dude.

Can't even.

I literally can't.

So in your view the embargo is there not to pardon Castro for its 60 year reign of terror ? What kind of logic is that ? The embargo primarily affects the population, not the ruling class and gives a perfect excuse for all the shortcomings of the system.

It's making the status quo last as the population and the state reached an equilibrium where the idea is we give you the minimum to live without actually doing any real work and you don't have political demands. What you need is to throw a wrench in the system gears. The context is perfect with Venezuela in tatters.

If the embargo is truly lifted, I predict the regime will fall in 4-5 years at most simply by enabling socio-economic tidal forces to rock the 60 years old status quo. Economic benefits and access to the world will start eroding the party mantra. Soon, you'll have state nomenclature and private actors getting filthy rich and the regime will be forced to start purges. Just like the USSR under Gorbachev. That will be trigger point for the regime to be toppled, the last thing the newly enriched want is to part with their fortunes. It will be messy, probably even bloody, but it will bring and end to the regime.

What happens next can be greatly influenced by the emigres in the US. and how much they get involved.

For starters, the embargo is there because Fidel thought it was cool to base Russian IRBMs on the island... the rest of your argument is pretty much the same.

To be fair, the embargo *stayed* there solely because Florida is a swing state with a huge number of electoral votes and the Cubans represent a significant minority that neither party can piss off, which is why the embargo is maintained despite the fact that the majority of the US largely hasn't cared about Cuba one way or the other for decades outside (until recently illegal) rum and cigars.

I think it stayed there because the Cold War. The notion that Fidel is going to fall and his regime pay because a sudden influx of capital is insane, he would simply shrug, take his capitalist money, and use it for hookers and repression... What we would all do in his place.

I think it stayed there because the Cold War. The notion that Fidel is going to fall and his regime pay because a sudden influx of capital is insane, he would simply shrug, take his capitalist money, and use it for hookers and repression... What we would all do in his place.

Which is no different the last Cuban regime. The king is dead long live the king.

Yes, but my father wasn't born at the time Batista wad dictating. And he was a capitalist dicator, Cuba has no breadlines under him... So its very hard for me to care about that.

My personal reason is this:

That is the Minister of Defense of Venezuela, giving Fidel his due.

Real picture.