What song are you listening to right now?

13 hours ago, Stargrunt6 said:

But who is your favorite band, tho?

Always tough to narrow down to only one. I like rock from the early 60's to today.

Currently active either Foo Fighters or U2. Every probably the Beatles.

The Beatles may not be the greatest rock band ever. They are the greatest love song band ever.

Here is a great rock song from 1960:

Same song be the great rocker from Detroit Bob Seger.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Always tough to narrow down to only one. I like rock from the early 60's to today.

Currently active either Foo Fighters or U2. Every probably the Beatles.

The Beatles may not be the greatest rock band ever. They are the greatest love song band ever.

Here is a great rock song from 1960:

Same song be the great rocker from Detroit Bob Seger.

Just m opinion of course, but Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band is, probably, the most under-appreciated rock band in the U.S.

Always thought Bruce Springsteen was over rated. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Just m opinion of course, but Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band is, probably, the most under-appreciated rock band in the U.S.

Always thought Bruce Springsteen was over rated. 

Agree 100%! Springsteen had one great album, "Born in the USA". And a few other good songs.

Bob Seeger had much more great content.

8 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Agree 100%! Springsteen had one great album, "Born in the USA". And a few other good songs.

Bob Seeger had much more great content.

Nebraska was good too.

I'm really tired of his faux "everyguy" image though. 

Just so I'm not beating up on Mr. Springsteen:

A great song Bruce Springsteen co wrote with Patti Smith

His version:

Patti Smith's version:

10,000 maniacs version:

This song is done best by the women!

Patti Smith's version is raw and strong. 10,000 Maniacs version is smoother and gentle. Depends what mood you ae in.

Edited by 17thfabn

1 hour ago, lucklucky said:

Indeed. but what surprises me more is how she can act, and sing like that at same time, including restarting where she stopped.

That character calls for it. She is playing a robot.

How about songs I cannot find  anymore? I was watching 'CBS This Morning' and they featured Billy Davis Jr and Marilyn McCoo, formerly of the Fifth Dimension. I enjoyed the segment very much and it suddenly occurred to me that there weren't any radio stations in the area that played their music anymore. Used to be 'Oldies Stations' that went from Do Wop to surfer music to the British invasion start of the punk age and everything in between; now, I guess we have put it together on our own IHeard Radio stations or 'Pandora'.

12 minutes ago, NickM said:

How about songs I cannot find  anymore? I was watching 'CBS This Morning' and they featured Billy Davis Jr and Marilyn McCoo, formerly of the Fifth Dimension. I enjoyed the segment very much and it suddenly occurred to me that there weren't any radio stations in the area that played their music anymore. Used to be 'Oldies Stations' that went from Do Wop to surfer music to the British invasion start of the punk age and everything in between; now, I guess we have put it together on our own IHeard Radio stations or 'Pandora'.

Yeah, AM and FM radio a kinda "broad spectrum" these days. If you want a specific era, you have to go satellite.