I&I 2010

And now, ladies and gentlemen, after much delay ...

... put away your cornre durgs ...

... count the bolts in your whereplate ...

... and make sure you know your mussle from your breech ...

... because we now give you ...

(without much ado, no great fanfare, no unnecessary words, a document that speaks for itself, which doesn't need any kind of long-winded introduction, etc., etc.)

The Library!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(without much ado, no great fanfare, no unnecessary words, a document that speaks for itself, which doesn't need any kind of long-winded introduction, etc., etc.)

The Library!

LOVE IT! :D THAT'S GRATE, SPORT!

Although I'd hazard a suggestion of adding someone - anyone's! - image at one of the windows, peeping out in defilade, to represent LIC.... :lol: ;)

LOVE IT! :D THAT'S GRATE, SPORT!

Although I'd hazard a suggestion of adding someone - anyone's! - image at one of the windows, peeping out in defilade, to represent LIC.... :lol: ;)

Why would we want to edit someone into the picture? That's an actual picture of the group at the Kitsap County Library...

Nice work BansheeOne!

For all those more or less local (I'm looking at you Canadians!) the Flying Heritage Collection is having their last Fly Day this Saturday, wherein they are not only going to fly their Storch and Bf-109E but are going to "demonstrate" both their Flak 88's:

I only saw one of them in their museum hangar, but the e-mail I just got from them describes them both as "Flak 37"'s.

They have yet to hype firing blanks from the Hetzer or the T-34/85 for this event, I'll query them and see.

Anyone interested? I'm tempted to forego getting much sleep between night shifts that day and going.

The Library!

Looks like the peanut gallery is ignoring this thread. Maybe you should post the picture in its own thread in the general FFZ.

The Library!

So whats that big green kinda thingy with stars on it in the background then?

PSYCHE :P :P :P :D :D

So whats that big green kinda thingy with stars on it in the background then?

PSYCHE :P :P :P :D :D

You need more zoom to see properly the image, Karmen.

That "big thingy" in the background is a tall dude called Ken, only made Colonel, so no stars, and -in spite of his opinions- he is from this planet, so he's not green.

Also he helped to organize the I&I and he is a really very nice guy.

Edited by sunday

Nice work BansheeOne!

For all those more or less local (I'm looking at you Canadians!) the Flying Heritage Collection is having their last Fly Day this Saturday, wherein they are not only going to fly their Storch and Bf-109E but are going to "demonstrate" both their Flak 88's:

I only saw one of them in their museum hangar, but the e-mail I just got from them describes them both as "Flak 37"'s.

They have yet to hype firing blanks from the Hetzer or the T-34/85 for this event, I'll query them and see.

Anyone interested? I'm tempted to forego getting much sleep between night shifts that day and going.

Irregular, I called the office, and their weather prediction for tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. SO, the flying will probably go ahead. I will look out for you.

Looks like the peanut gallery is ignoring this thread. Maybe you should post the picture in its own thread in the general FFZ.

I already took the opportunity to cross-post this to the "Air Force Master Sergeant in Trouble" thread in Current Military Events. Feel free to spread the picture link all over this place. B)

I can't take credit for this myself other than taking the base pics BTW, since I'm pretty much PS illiterate and don't even have the software on my new PC. I sent the fire mission to two of my better-versed brothers, and they came up with near-identical solutions within hours of each other.

Irregular, I called the office, and their weather prediction for tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. SO, the flying will probably go ahead. I will look out for you.

Sorry I had an attack of sense and will be getting a few hours of shut eye between 12 hour shifts in the ICU, followed directly by class Monday morning...

Enjoy!

Oh, and feel free to call me Karl, I just went with a handle because there is already a Karl or two on the forum...

Edited by irregularmedic

The Library!

Who's who please?

Sorry I had an attack of sense and will be getting a few hours of shut eye between 12 hour shifts in the ICU, followed directly by class Monday morning...

Enjoy!

Oh, and feel free to call me Karl, I just went with a handle because there is already a Karl or two on the forum...

I & I 2010 CONTINUATION..............

Attended Luftwaffe day at Paul Allen's FHM. It really feels like I & I 2010 continued, as the last time I was there was with the group for the USAAF Flying day. Did not see Allan there, and Karl, u were in shut eye state as mentioned above.

It was a beautiful sunny day, great for flying. The flying started 15 min before schedule with the arrival of Paul Allen's MD 900 NOTAR. WHat a sight. Paul Allen's pilot must have thought he was in D/T kabul, with a high speed low level approach, sharp 90 degree bank and than a flare up followed by a fast landing. Paul must not have had breakfast. LOL. I would I have chucked. :lol: Anyway, out steps the man himself, and he saunters over to look at the 2 88s on display , as well as the ME 109 and Fiesler Storch. The firing of the 88s was impressive, damn near defeaned me.

The flying was much more impressive. The ME 109 really sounds different from a P-51. For the guys at the USAAF flying day, the same pilot that flew the P-47 also flew the ME 109. He conducted the usual high speed passes over the reveiw stand, showed off all angles of the 109, and it was really great to see an actual 109 fly. This particular model was recovered from a beach in France in the 80s. It had been piloted by a 2 kill German pilot who was lost over the channel during the battle of britain. They painted a 3rd kill marking on the 109 to denote the Spitfire that he shot down on the day he was killed. The restoration took 20 odd years and included locating and installing the original Diamler benz engine. So, this aircraft was an actual Battle of Britain veteran. Damn, its good to have money to buy such toys, :)

No less impressive was the Storch. The pilot performed take offs and landings on the runway infront of the crowd. The plane took off in about 150 ft, and actually landed in about 50ft. Incredible. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn;t see it myself. Than he flew into headwinds at low altitude in front of the review stand, he must have been doing no more than 40 MPH as it was quite windy that day. AMazing to see it fly so low and not stall. bansheeone, I think half the germans in the pacific northwest was there. :D Just kidding, but there was sizeable contigent from Germany.

For those of you who know, Paine still functions when the flying display was going on, and at one point while the 109 was coming around for another pass, a Piper Commanche took off. People in the crowd was wondering if the 109 pilot was going to buzz him, and do a mock shoot down from behind. :lol: That would have been a sight to behold. Imagine a 109 fly pass your nose at high speed!! Anyway, that's the end of the flying season at FHM. Of course there was the final Paul Allen's departure in his MD 900 too. That is one quiet helo.

Edited by On the way

Who's who please?

Main row, left to right: On The Way, Greg Shaw, ABNRedleg, 11E30, Demosthenes, Bill Shaw, Dave Clark, Richard Lindquist, Irregularmedic.

Kneeling in front: Allan Wotherspoon, M1Buck.

Leading the charge: Ken Estes.

Posted at the entrance of The Library in back: BansheeOne.

You guys know there's an Me-262 there at Paine field too, right?

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

I mentioned that to some TNers but it was news to them.

Did not see it, and its not listed in the FHM inventory.

• 11 months later...