SOS

Murph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come the 15th, I will go to the market and buy the SOS ingredients, make a batch, and eat for breakfast. And I blame all of you on this thread for that.

MWUHAHAHAHAHA

:D

To truly replicate the experience I recommend that you stay up all night before cooking the SOS. After you've filled your plate take it outside and eat standing up with the plate on the hood of your car. You get extra points if it's raining at the time.

Some traditions are worth keeping. "Mess hall" is much more evocative.

"Dining facility" sounds like it belongs on a cruise ship, somehow...

And "Mess" has a totally different meaning in the BritComm Navies from that in the BritComM Armies and Air Forces.......

To truly replicate the experience I recommend that you stay up all night before cooking the SOS. After you've filled your plate take it outside and eat standing up with the plate on the hood of your car. You get extra points if it's raining at the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come the 15th, I will go to the market and buy the SOS ingredients, make a batch, and eat for breakfast. And I blame all of you on this thread for that.

MWUHAHAHAHAHA

TomasCCT - try it out on mashed potato's. Better than meatball sauce.

Double extra points if you can get it to snow/be freezing, and be in mud up to your behind. ;)

One of the most memorable meals of my life was in the field at Ft. Polk in December of '71. Cold pancakes, eggs, and bacon, with tepid coffee- with freezing rain, and icicles forming on my mess kit and helmet rim.

Not good food, but hard to forget.

MWUHAHAHAHAHA

Just finished cooking and eating a batch. I used the recipe Harold Jones posted on Page 1 (post #4) with some Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder like Rocky Davis suggested. Not bad. I'll be doing it again soon.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 years later...