USS Langley

Michael Eastes

Yup, in 1/350 scale and in resin. However, the $200+ price tag should be enough to convince you that you don't really need one. Worked for me.

I've seen two buildups of that kit (Blue Water Navy, I think), absolutely phenominal and better for the price than the 1/350 CV-6 (ran upwards of $900). But still WAY to expensive for anyone but the most obsessive collector.

Of course us aviation modellers aren't immune to beautiful but niche subject/very high-priced kits. I've been drooling over just about every other Anigrand kit (A-12, YA-9A, YF-17, Yak-141, the just released XV-15, XC-142 and a few others) ... and could easily spend $500 on their kits. If I had $500 to spend on kits, that is

--Garth

Originally posted by Jason:

Yup, in 1/350 scale and in resin. However, the $200+ price tag should be enough to convince you that you don't really need one. Worked for me.

Originally posted by Michael Eastes:

OK, I looked up that kit. It is well outside my price and skill range. never mind.

Maybe Tamiya will knock one out in 1/700 scale someday.

Best bet would be from Trumpeter or Dragon - the former especially, having given us some nice WW2 and other ships lately.