The Manic Diaries, Afghan Edition.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my vest in that airliner seat (actually a Dash-8 or similar prop-job), I'm carrying some 260 rounds of 5.56mm and 45 rounds of 9mm. I was forced to place one magazine of 15 rounds 9mm and my utility tool (Gerber knife) into 'checked baggage' (The rucksacks go in the cargo compartment).

There were limits to how much ammo we were authorised to bring into the cabin, depending on type of weapon and knives were verboten.

I had to surrender my bottle of shampoo at Manas.

What the fuck?!? Is this a Mil Reg or TSA?

Edited by rmgill

On my vest in that airliner seat (actually a Dash-8 or similar prop-job), I'm carrying some 260 rounds of 5.56mm and 45 rounds of 9mm. I was forced to place one magazine of 15 rounds 9mm and my utility tool (Gerber knife) into 'checked baggage' (The rucksacks go in the cargo compartment). There were limits to how much ammo we were authorised to bring into the cabin, depending on type of weapon and knives were verboten.

I had to surrender my bottle of shampoo at Manas.

:rolleyes:

Hell yeah! This insanity bring a lot of memories from KAIA and Luxembourgian IMP's...

IMP: "Sir, your men really aren't allowed to carry knives this size..."

Me: "It is not Knive, it is Puukko...and it is part of of tradition that every man is allowed to carry Puukko as it is genuine Finnish multi-tool that is used everything from eating to making firewoods and killing enemies...I wouldn't recommend you to try to take it away from the guys..."

Danish MOVECON officer standing near by: "He is serious...I really wouldn't suggest to take Puukkos from Finnish guys.."

"No knives to the cabin. Sorry sir, you need to carry your pistol mags on your person."

Oh yeah, and MREs are banned from German flights. They are apparently a flight security risk. :rolleyes:

This just confirms it...You are now down there?

I suggest you create your own topic like this one to shear as you experience.

Godspeed solder!

"No knives to the cabin. Sorry sir, you need to carry your pistol mags on your person."

Oh yeah, and MREs are banned from German flights. They are apparently a flight security risk. :rolleyes:

The amount of methane gas they produce after consumption might cause a dangerous buildup of gas in the aircraft.

Yeah, they do the same thing to us as well. Make no sense at all. Troops are carrying at least 150rnds 5.56 and 20 rnds of 9mm...but lets screen everyone.

Regards

Reminds me of that scene in Airplane where a grandma is being held back by security, and her stuff brought out, while heavily armed "freedom fighter"-types just stroll through the metal detector without incident. :D