Now It's Getting Personal

shep854

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember, these pirates are really poor misguided individuals looking for work. They are doing the best they can. In light of that information, we should be handing out food and money to the pirates in a legitimate jobs program. As Obama would say, we are raping the worlds resources and taking advantage of people around the globe, this has to stop. The Somalis are doing their part to help us stop.

The above is a DNC morning talking brief!!!! :P :P :P :P

You have to remember, these pirates are really poor misguided individuals looking for work. They are doing the best they can. In light of that information, we should be handing out food and money to the pirates in a legitimate jobs program. As Obama would say, we are raping the worlds resources and taking advantage of people around the globe, this has to stop. The Somalis are doing their part to help us stop.

The above is a DNC morning talking brief!!!! :P :P :P :P

The Dems are obviously completely out of it. America must be made to see that it is vitally necessary that we put a division of Marines ashore to stop the Somalis before their piracy-financed WMD programs come to fruition. :)

(Or maybe a division of Marines and an armored brigade. Plus a civil affairs unit, and a base detachment for the Air Force to build the necessary air base that does not now exist. Then throw in Navy shore detachments to construct and operate a port. Don't worry, it will only take six days, six weeks, I doubt six months.) :blink:

THe US Navy has already told shipping companies that they ought to hire private security guards. They are busy doing (something, somewhere).

Perhaps the mighty Thai Navy, or maybe the Italians will do what we have not bothered with.

I say we have a STING operation. Take a nice innocent looking cargo ship man it with sailors and probably 2 companies of marines and a tank platoon. Place tanks on top of cargo ship and cover with tarp or hide in between containers. Make said cargo ship ply waters and make it look very enticing. As soon as pirates show up open can of whoop ass and lets see if those guys dont learn a lesson after the 3rd or fourth OP. Hell make it a ship full of Ninjas and maybe it will settle that stupid internet argument. Pirates vs. Ninjas, Ninjas win!

Activate the World Ward II era Naval Armed Guard. Equip them with M-16s, M-60s and Phalanx's.

The pirates attempt to board a ship, riddle it until all of the scum are dead.

Tow the boat to Somali waters and send it towards shore (sending a message, "you're a pirate?, you die!"

konev

From msnbc.com:

Capt. Shane Murphy, a 2001 graduate, was second in command on the hijacked ship. The Cape Cod Times said Capt. Joseph Murphy, his father, is a professor at the academy.

The elder Murphy teaches anti-piracy tactics in his maritime security class. Murphy said his 33-year-old son was well aware of the threat of pirates in the area and, while home on a visit only a few weeks ago, had talked with his class about the risk.

"He knows the potential danger," Murphy added.

How about a TankNet Letter of Marque. Half of our ship o' fools will probably die from sunburns and alcohol poisoning, but this whole pirate nonsense would be cleared up in pretty short order.

How about a TankNet Letter of Marque. Half of our ship o' fools will probably die from sunburns and alcohol poisoning, but this whole pirate nonsense would be cleared up in pretty short order.

Hell the pirates would die of old age before we ever settled on what weapons to mount.

Hell the pirates would die of old age before we ever settled on what weapons to mount.

I thought it would be obvious, no? One Kitsap Militia M47 forward, one aft, sides lined with 8" recoilless rifles and .50 quads, and a dock deck with few AmphiGav!ns :P

I thought it would be obvious, no? One Kitsap Militia M47 forward, one aft, sides lined with 8" recoilless rifles and .50 quads, and a dock deck with few AmphiGav!ns :P

Ahem. This is TankNet, not Kitsap County, Sparkitania. :P

Naah. Every crewman gets a place to mount his weapon of choice, subject only to the captains veto on weapons which are oversized or overweight or otherwise likely to endanger the safety of his whiskey collection the ship. Arguments over best spots settled by target shooting from the disputed spot. Most rapid destruction of the target wins. ;)

I wonder if I could rig up a mortar so I could aim & fire it without having to leave my deckchair? Preferably one-handed, so I wouldn't have to put down my beer.

I think 106mm recoilless would be very good against pirate skiffs. Just have to take account of the backblast when mounting it. (Takes cover).

Edited by swerve