Mumbai attack

WRW

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they had rdx in boats iirc.

the indian economic growth had make pakistanis rage. this is an attempt to cripple that. many attacks for the same reason. if the idiots cant grow themselves attack the neighbour instead.

Damn. Bombs? This was a really well prepared op. I hope all the bombs were found and safely defused.

Somehow, I find this scarier than the WTC attacks on 09/11. Not for the death toll, but for the method. 09/11 was just a simple car bomb - in the air, but still. But this, this is much larger situation and I believe I would be much more paranoid in any Indian city now that I would be in New York after 09/11.

Edited by Tuccy

Before India does anything against Pakistan, we need to clean up the fifth columnists inside.

This kind of attack, the deep local knowledge e.g. the exact apartments where Israelis and local rabbis were living etc. could not have happened without deep local involvement. For example, one of my old grad student classmates from Israel visited Mumbai and Goa a few times and the locations of kosher food restaurants were not well known to outsiders. These guys knew the exact residences rented by Israelis in a building .

Seriously guys, laugh at me if you will but I'll miss George W. Bush. For all his faults, the man knew who the enemy is and also was a great friend of India. I loathe the "India = Pakistan" rhetoric coming from the Obama types like Albright and Holbrooke. Root causes my ass. Islamic jihadis need to be wiped out with extreme prejudice and the ideology that enables them - whether it's Islamism or self-loathing Western liberalism, must be discredited and shamed. You cannot have reconciliation with animals.

Problem is that Pakistani is a failed-dysfunctional state. The President has no control over the armed forces or the ISI. They end up fighting each other. What we need is a coordinated attack on the ISI....hit all officers, agents of the ISI...blow up their HQs. Bring the war to them.

Rod,

There is no military solution to Pakistan. Hitting the ISI HQ may be emotionally satisfying but likely not stop them. The jihadi cancer has metastasized in Pakistan and virtually every state and private institution is involved one way or another.

What we need is a joint effort from India, US, UK, China (yes) and everyone else to get Pakistani leadership to acknowledge their role and then realize that they will get no IMF money, no US aid, no trade concessions until they dismantle the terror infrastructure. Yes, this means revoking the visa of the sons and daughters of Pakistani Generals who live confortably in New York and London. Confiscate their slush funds, hurt the elites. Make it clear that jihad will hurt them personally. Without the elites feeling the hurt, the military establishment in Pakistan will have no incentive to change.

Day Two now and the situation is still very confused. I hope to heck these reports of ISI involvement are false. This could mean war. (I suspct it was an ISI job, I doubt it will lead to war.)

Did you see last night's ABC News? Their chief foreign corespondent was reporting with a White House background.

Why do you hope the reports of ISI involvement are false?

How is that nest egg from the House of Saud doing these days.

I apologise in advance for not posting regularly on this thread. I fear I will not be lucid and am beyond myself with rage and sheer disgust at for what has happened. This is a nation under siege and the politicians have so much security they dont care for the people anymore.

Over 700 have died in the past three years alone in bomb /terror attacks in mainland india traced to muslim extremists. I cannot even post how many have been crippled, and wounded. But instead nothing has been done. Forget war against the ISI.

Its only the armed forces of India which are constantly acting as the tripwire and doing what they can.

I couldn't believe it when I saw some of the responding Indian police armed with .303 Lee Enfield Mk 4!! Also, others were armed with FN FALs. The ones in the hotel in firefights with the terrorist were armed with the FAL. I hate to say it, but these weapons are antiques. Can't the Indians be totally equiped with a modern assualt rifle? I saw other weapons in use. But no MP5s or M4s.

I couldn't believe it when I saw some of the responding Indian police armed with .303 Lee Enfield Mk 4!! Also, others were armed with FN FALs. The ones in the hotel in firefights with the terrorist were armed with the FAL. I hate to say it, but these weapons are antiques. Can't the Indians be totally equiped with a modern assualt rifle? I saw other weapons in use. But no MP5s or M4s.

Indian police - first respondents - are usually armed with 303's - remember they are not supposed to use their weapons unless for the occasional riot control.

Mumbai police - ATS - anti terror squad - has Ak-47's, Sterling 9mm SMG and probably MP5 as well.

Indian Paramils - use FN-FAL manufactured as the SLR, Ishapore

The Army - uses the INSAS Battle rifle, Dragunov

The NSG - HRT/CRT unit - uses the MP5, PSG-1

The Marine Commandos - Navy MARCOS - use the MP5, AK-47, PSG-1, INSAS et al.

The latter three took the lead once they arrived. Unfortunately, thanks to a pusillanomous Indian Govt, indian anti terror laws and equipment for regular police forces remain pathetic. Only state which is an exception is Andhra Pradesh, which has an anti terror squad called the Greyhounds which is decently equipped and well trained.

This is why I loath Indian leftists (Who dominate the Indian media) and the journalists. This idiot Amaresh Mishra is a mainstream journalist and writes for Outlook magazine and many other so called mainstream (read center left publications). In India almost all the papers are center left, and many are almost fully left.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/023681.php

And this is what the attackers do.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/023682.php

Yeah jewish hindus no doubt.

Idiot is a so called historian and what not.

Read the article and you will see the level to which the Indian media elite go.

Do remember this the next time you read about the dastardly Indians/Hindus/xyz attacking the peaceful muslims/whatever.

A nation which does not defend itself is pathetic to watch. And its almost 90% because of turds like these currently filling the airwaves with pablum about "national unity" "we should not give up our civil rights" "spirit of mumbai"

Spirit of mumbai - yeah, when you kill someone the spirit remains. Mumbai has been attacked so many times, thats all that remains.

Edited by nitin

The problem with the ISI their feeling of impunity. That they can do whatever they want with no fear of retribution. If anything, when world pressure is too great, they arrest some mid-level Al-Qaeda and feed it to the U.S., who then claims victory on war of terror and congratulates Pakistani help.

If ISI knew that they are going to be hunted and live in fear if they continue with this crap, they might think twice before pulling this kind of shit.

Rod,

There is no military solution to Pakistan. Hitting the ISI HQ may be emotionally satisfying but likely not stop them. The jihadi cancer has metastasized in Pakistan and virtually every state and private institution is involved one way or another.

What we need is a joint effort from India, US, UK, China (yes) and everyone else to get Pakistani leadership to acknowledge their role and then realize that they will get no IMF money, no US aid, no trade concessions until they dismantle the terror infrastructure. Yes, this means revoking the visa of the sons and daughters of Pakistani Generals who live confortably in New York and London. Confiscate their slush funds, hurt the elites. Make it clear that jihad will hurt them personally. Without the elites feeling the hurt, the military establishment in Pakistan will have no incentive to change.

http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.nsf/&...B3?OpenDocument

Mumbai, Nov.27 (PTI) Terrorists who struck Mumbai had set up advance "Control Rooms" in the luxury Taj and Trident(Oberoi) hotels which was also targeted and did prior reconnaisance executing plans worked "over months", Union Cabinet minister Kapil Sibal said tonight.

Sibal said the unprecedented terror attack in the country's financial capital was planned "over months" and the terrorists were not carrying AK-47 rifles but sophisticated weapons like MP-6.

"The terrorists have identified the targets earlier. Somebody had told them earlier. Enormous planning went into the incident. The terrorists were dropped by a mother ship and travelled in rubber boats which they docked (at Mumbai)," Sibal told CNBC.

Terrorists were not attacking people at random. It was a well though out plan, Sibal said.

They had targeted certain key police officers even when they were wearing vests and protective head gears, he said, adding the terrorists shot them dead within minutes of their arrival.

As security agencies pieced together various leads in the probe on India's worst ever terror strike, there were reports that a likely marine arm of the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba may have been involved in the well-planned attacks that left 125 persons dead.

The Union Home Ministry said the terrorists chose the sea route and came to the city in boats before spreading out in the metropolis to carry out the sinister strike.

The assessment by the Centre as Mumbai continued to be under siege for the second day came amid reports that the leader of the armed terrorists involved in the attack was killed by his own men. PTI

http://www.indianexpress.com/story_print.php?storyid=391461

2 Pak vessels apprehended off Gujarat coast

Agencies Posted online: Nov 27, 2008 at 2208 hrs

New Delhi : In its search to find the 'mother ship' of the terrorists who have attacked Mumbai, India apprehended two Pakistani merchant vessels off the coast of Gujarat in a joint operation carried out by the Navy, Coast Guard and the water wing of the Border Security Force (BSF).

"We have apprehended two cargo ships in a joint operation near the Gujarat coast while they were sailing to Karachi. They are suspected to be the ships that ferried the terrorists near to Mumbai coast yesterday," Home Ministry sources said.

The three sea-guarding forces were put on a high alert after intelligence agencies gave inputs about a merchant vessel, suspected to be involved in the terror attacks on Mumbai since Wednesday, trying to move towards Karachi in Pakistan.

The forces were, in fact, conducting their routine joint exercises in the general area of the Gujarat coast when they received the intelligence inputs and they immediately diverted their assets for searching the run-away merchant vessel.

"In the evening, Indian ships sighted two ships including the one about which intelligence agencies had given a tip-off," Home Ministry sources said.

The Indian ships apprehended both the cargo ships, which were identified as MV Alpha and MV Al Kabir. Officers of the three forces were ascertaining the credentials of the crew on board the two ships, sources added.

Seriously guys, laugh at me if you will but I'll miss George W. Bush. For all his faults, the man knew who the enemy is and also was a great friend of India. I loathe the "India = Pakistan" rhetoric coming from the Obama types like Albright and Holbrooke. Root causes my ass. Islamic jihadis need to be wiped out with extreme prejudice and the ideology that enables them - whether it's Islamism or self-loathing Western liberalism, must be discredited and shamed. You cannot have reconciliation with animals.

As I mentioned in the FFZ thread on this topic, I overheard an Indian being interviewed (Chopra? Chapra? Not sure) who essentially said that moderates become extremists because the WoT in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yep, it's Blame The US again. <_<

Ditto on Tuccy's observation. 9/11 etc were all relatively "single affairs." The attacks at Mumbai was very well planned, turning the city into a war zone.

Apparently, they had "early warning" of the attack, the website of the Deccan Muj or something warned the media that Mumbai is next.

If the new government in Pakistan is serious, they ought to start arresting and executing ISI people (assuming they are involved).

What will India do next? I recall the attack in its parliament (?) a few years ago, and I don't recall India acting much after that attack.

Terrorists are young, boy-ish looks even. BTW, a picture of the grenades they were carrying shows one grenade coloured blue. Why? What is it?

For regular police duties, a .303 rifle beats the stuffing out of a pistol or other short arm. They have them in droves and they're no slouch when it comes to wounding characteristics if they're using 'standard' british designed ball ammo.

The Rabbi's child and the nanny/housekeeper got out safely but the Rabbi and his wife are yet to be accounted for. Reports suggest that two terrorists had rented the apartment above the Rabbi's and had held them hostage until the armed gang came in on Wednesday night. Fighting is still going on there. I pray there are no more casualties among the hostages and the commandos.

Statement from a resident of Mumbai who posted on one of the sim racing forums I participate in:

This is why civilians should be allowed to carry guns.. the real aholes are going to acquire them for their twisted purposes anyway, the rest of us decent folk might as well have something to fight back when cornered helplessly by these scum.

I'm sure our incoming president will also take that lesson from this event. <_<