• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite breakfast would have to be the following:

Strong black coffee

Fresh squeezed OJ or tomato juice on ice

1/4 inch thick ham slice

Truck stop gravy so thick you can stand a spoon up in it served over homemade biscuits

scrambled eggs in butter with cheese, onions, green peppers and mushrooms

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to the job we go!

Followed by an hour nap!

(-:

Best breakfast, when I can arrange it, is left over seafood pizza from the night before (just ONE night before) served cold, with hot coffee. As an alternative, left over Chinese, also eaten cold.

Plus two ibuprophen tablets and a multi-b vitamin to get me through the day.

If I have to buy breakfast on the way to work, as not too many places sell cold pizza at that time of morning, it is bacon and egg sandwiches with extra cholesterol

That did it, thanks for the link. It's -14F hear today so to have done completely right, I should have stood in the driveway eating it on the hood of my car while the neighbor's truck spewed diesel exhaust my way but sanity prevailed.

That did it, thanks for the link. It's -14F hear today so to have done completely right, I should have stood in the driveway eating it on the hood of my car while the neighbor's truck spewed diesel exhaust my way but sanity prevailed.

Ah the memories that brings back.... :lol:

• 1 month later...
Creamed chip beef on toast, otherwise known as "$hit on a shingle."

When I'm at the Golden Coral on Saturday morning. BUt my GF's bicuits and gravy are the best homemade breakfast for me by far.

• 8 months later...
The perfect breakfast, I have decided is definately Corned Beef Hash over hash browns, with a side of grits. THAT'S a breakfast that will get you up and going able to face whatever the day throws at you.

I don't believe a breakfast exists that would get me ready for the shit you see.

Heh, you guys wanna talk stereotypes --

Weekday: NYC (it's got to be from around here, although Montreal bagels are awesome too, just different) with veggie cream cheese and tomato slices, OJ, giant coffee, gulp them down while walking briskly to subway.

Weekends: If I'm waking up early, bacon/egg/cheese drowned in Sriracha on a roll from the nearest bodega -- the Hispanic-owned ones do it the best (no pork fear).

If I'm meeting friends, probably some yuppie omelette brunch action with tons of coffee and a couple bloody marys (salted rim please!)

Heh, you guys wanna talk stereotypes --

Weekday: NYC (it's got to be from around here, although Montreal bagels are awesome too, just different) with veggie cream cheese and tomato slices, OJ, giant

Bagels... I never understood the appeal of bagels. (fighting words, dons flame suit hehehe)

:P

Gimme hot garlic fried rice with some of our heart-attack-inducing Lucban longganisa, a sunny side at the side, atsara or some tomato slices, and a small bowl filled with hot beef broth with bits of parsley. Now THAT is breakfast. Mmmmmmmm....

(then hours later, a pain on the neck, the left arm cramps, and the chest feels tight hahahahaha :lol: )

Edited by TomasCTT

You know I'm not trying to gag anybody out but lately I've been addicted to MickyD's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit sandwich. They musta changed their recipe or something because the biscuits aren't dry anymore. They must have added more psuedo lard to them or something. very tasty and a couple of them gets me off to work for the day.

Its funny, but the first Autopsy I went to, I did not eat anything, and almost barfed. The ME and his staff told me to NEVER go to an autopsy on an empty stomach, always eat a huge meal before going. You know, its true, and it works, I always eat a hearty meal before an autopsy, and so far I have been ok. Oddly McDonald's bagel sandwiches with hash browns are the best pre-autopsy food.

I don't believe a breakfast exists that would get me ready for the shit you see.
Edited by Murph

Due to Doug K. after this year's I&I, I had a craving for French Toast for a few days. Haven't had it for years. Not that I don't like French toast, it's just never entered my mind or stomache. There is a place in town that dips the bread in a cornflake batter. Suprisingly good that way. As a breakfast observation where I live, some of the older folks put peanut butter instead of syrup on their pancakes.

Edited by Rick

Hit or miss with French Toast. The French Toast made by my sister (nothing fancy, and using ordinary, sliced processed white bread) is almost always ok. The one I ordered in some restaurant which was massively thick tasted like oil, despite all the syrup I placed on it.

When we have pure honey, I use it instead of pancake syrup for the pancakes. Sometimes, just sprinkle sugar on top of it and that's it. Best pancake syrup however was this strawberry or raspberry based one that my mum or aunt got from the USA years ago. Mmmmmm....

Salary is coming, will buy ingredients for the SOS and whip up a batch this Saturday. MWUHAHAHAHAHA

(same with Maxx, trying to lose weight - and succeeding, partly due to work though hehehe - but methinks will lose the battle of the bulge if SOS is introduced in the diet ahehehe.... TankNet's Mess Hall ALWAYS ruins my weight reduction program hehehe)

Edited by TomasCTT

Its funny, but the first Autopsy I went to, I did not eat anything, and almost barfed. The ME and his staff told me to NEVER go to an autopsy on an empty stomach, always eat a huge meal before going. You know, its true, and it works, I always eat a hearty meal before an autopsy, and so far I have been ok. Oddly McDonald's bagel sandwiches with hash browns are the best pre-autopsy food.

Big breakfast and some Vicks under your nostrils and you're good to go. ;)

I found a place out here on Long Island that makes grits, but I'm really missing black or white pudding. I love a huge mixed grill/Irish breakfast. When I was ver there I stuffed myself every morning on that meal and never had to eat lunch. I still can't understand how I came home twelve pounds lighter after three weeks of gluttony. Musts been the Guinness sludgies. :P

If you are ever in Phoenix on a Sunday morning the free breakfeast at Jimbo's is worth checking out.

You pay for a cup of coffee or a Coke or Bloody Mary at a reasonable $2-3 cost and get one of the best American Greasey Spoon meals around.

Three eggs , 3 sausage links , hash browns and 1 piece of toast.

What is special about Sunday's is that the biker chicks showup. Sexy leather , cleavage and all the bling you want worn by certified dolls for the most part. They do serve breakfeast 7 days a week but not including Biker Chicks. ;)

If you are ever in Phoenix on a Sunday morning the free breakfeast at Jimbo's is worth checking out.

You pay for a cup of coffee or a Coke or Bloody Mary at a reasonable $2-3 cost and get one of the best American Greasey Spoon meals around.

Three eggs , 3 sausage links , hash browns and 1 piece of toast.

What is special about Sunday's is that the biker chicks showup. Sexy leather , cleavage and all the bling you want worn by certified dolls for the most part. They do serve breakfeast 7 days a week but not including Biker Chicks. ;)

Sounds like the free breakfast comes with dessert! :D

What's the deal with people adding stuff to their omlets or scrambled eggs? I just like mine plain and sausages seperate for instance.

Isn't it an omelet if you add stuff in it? Otherwise, it's just scrambled eggs (AFAIK).

As for "adding stuff," what I find odd is that some people put catsup/ketchup on their sunny side up. :blink: Same with other omelets like crab omelets. For me, ketchup and fried eggs do not mix. I also prefer the sunnyside ups without salt or pepper, while omelets should go without salt and have the egg get the flavour of whatever stuff is in there.

Favourite omelets are spanish, potato, garlic-and-mushroom, garlic-and-spinach. Cheese omelets send me to the toilet pronto.

• 1 month later...

Oh yes. I like it fried with onions. She likes it with a fried egg.

Do you fry the bologna? I remember my Dad used to do that when he filled in occasionally in the kitchen. I seem to recall liking it that way myself or at least going along with the conspiracy. :)