• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

It's, uh, exceptionally pure iron ore.

Ah:

The crew discovered no clues about who might have driven it into the ground among the undulating red rocks, or why.

The surface appears to have screws or other fastenings, indicating it is not a solid piece of metal.

"This thing is not from another world," said Nick Street of the Utah Highway Patrol, part of the Department of Public Safety.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-25/mysterious-shiny-monolith-found-in-otherworldly-utah-desert/12917946

Although Jose is correct that the monolith ratios should be 1:4:9, ACC it was noted that humans did not realise the the progression continued into further dimensions.

In this case however, My God, it's full of screws" just doesn't have the same impact.

3 hours ago, DB said:

Although Jose is correct that the monolith ratios should be 1:4:9, ACC it was noted that humans did not realise the the progression continued into further dimensions.

In this case however, My God, it's full of screws" just doesn't have the same impact.

😀

4 hours ago, DB said:

That was the reason to specify "3D". OTH, were those screws, bolts, then there should be nuts.

While not the same as "...of stars", "My God, it's full of nuts!" should make that more descriptive of some parts of Utah, or attractive to squirrels either, but there are no squirrels in rocky deserts.

US woman returns ancient Roman marble with letter of apology

Accompanying the relic was a letter from a young woman, called Jess, seeking forgiveness “for being such an American asshole”. She went on to say that she took something that was not “rightfully mine”, and was returning it.

“I feel terrible for not only stealing this item from its rightful place, but placing writing on it,” she wrote. “It was a big mistake on my part and only now, as an adult, do I realise just how thoughtless and despicable it was.”

Jess said she tried to scrub off the message, written with a black marker pen, but to no avail.

She is the latest tourist to repent after pilfering an artefact from an Italian cultural site. In October, a Canadian woman called Nicole sent back fragments stolen from the ancient city of Pompeii 15 years ago, claiming they were “cursed”.

8 hours ago, sunday said:

That was the reason to specify "3D". OTH, were those screws, bolts, then there should be nuts.

While not the same as "...of stars", "My God, it's full of nuts!" should make that more descriptive of some parts of Utah, or attractive to squirrels either, but there are no squirrels in rocky deserts.

There are 3 species that live in the Sonora desert.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/11/25/covid-19-denmark-mink-rising-from-the-dead/6426378002/

Mink infected with a mutated strain of COVID-19 in Denmark appear to be rising from the dead, igniting a national frenzy and calls from local officials to cremate mink carcasses.

While the sight itself is certainly terrifying for the residents of West Jutland, a region of the country grappling with confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to mink, there is likely a scientific explanation for the zombie-like reemergence from their graves.

I assume that plate armor, if coverage is total and plate thickness is adequate, is sufficient protection against an infectious bite by a zombie mink.

Our Danish, German, and Swedish contingents should make the appropriate preparations.

3 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Zombie Otters are after us now as well? Is there no end to this post millennial torment?

We will have zombie platypuses, and even worse zombie dropbears after us in Australia soon.

image.jpeg.3e1064d1631a251c0ad327585384b6de.jpeg

And in the land of the Long White Shroud there will be zombie australian possums waiting to drop from the trees.

What is a New Zealand Possum? - New Zealand Natural Clothing LTD

image.jpeg.15981e181bcaa8285f7e4330f43830d3.jpeg

Edited by DougRichards

That is assuming the Aussie Serial Killers dont get you first. Assuming of course the Zombie Drop Bears dont get the serial killers first of course. They really should have done the ending of Wolf Creek that way.

I think Bill Bryson in his book on Australia said that pretty much everything in the Australian outback was there to kill you. Im not sure I would even look sideways a Kangaroo.

Because there is no Because, Austria thread;

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/austrian-village-named-f-king-changes-name-after-unwanted-tourist-attention/

The residents of a tiny Austrian village named F–king have voted to change its name after enduring unwanted attention from English-speaking tourists.

Come next year, the village of 100 residents near the German border will be named Fugging.

“I can confirm that the village is being renamed,” Andrea Holzner, the mayor of Tarsdorf, the municipality where the village is located, told regional daily Oberoesterreichische Nachrichten.

I have to say that the new name is simply smashing.