weird news

Ivanhoe

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This happens in the US often enough, you could start up a specialty law practice;

https://torontosun.com/news/weird/im-alive-frenchwoman-fighting-official-ruling-that-she-died-in-2017

“My problem is that I’ve been declared dead,” said the former boss of a cleaning firm from the rural commune of Saint-Joseph in eastern France.

“I’m alive for my husband, for my son, for my loved ones, for the people around me, but for the justice system, I’m dead.”

In the meantime, her life is curtailed: she does not have a social security number, she cannot drive in case she is stopped and her documents are checked, and she dreads doing grocery shopping because she might be asked for documents.

There is nothing weird about people arguing theology incessantly.

On to weird news;

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colombias-rapidly-breeding-cocaine-hippos-153839192.html

Scientists say Colombia must cull its so-called “cocaine hippos” that roam the Magdalena river basin as they are breeding voraciously and are an increasing menace.

The marshlands of Colombia have been home to these giant mammals since they were illegally imported in the late 1980s by the notorious drug lord, Pablo Escobar.

When he was shot dead in 1993, the Colombian government took control of his extravagant estate, including his personal zoo.

Most of the animals were shipped away, but four hippos were left to fend for themselves in a pond, and now there are dozens of them living in the wild.

• 2 weeks later...

This never ends well;

https://futurism.com/the-byte/navy-experimented-spacetime-modification-weapon

According to documents obtained by The War Zone, the US Navy performed experiments on far-fetched technologies including a “spacetime modification weapon” which, researchers claimed internally, could revolutionize power and propulsion systems.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:07 PM, Ivanhoe said:

philadelphia-experiment-thunder-w636-h60

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/03/texas-emergency-alert-chucky-doll?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

The Texas public safety department raised a few eyebrows in the Lone Star state by reportedly sending out an emergency alert asking its citizens to keep an eye out for Chucky – the evil possessed doll from the horror movie series Child’s Play – whom it said was a suspect in a kidnapping.

The message went out over the state’s Amber Alert system, which is blasted to people’s mobile phones, usually to help find a missing child. It was sent three times.

It described the suspect as being called Chucky and listed him as a 28-year-old with red, auburn hair, blue eyes who stood at 3ft 1in tall and weighed 16lbs. He was said to be wearing blue denim overalls with a multi-colored striped long sleeve shirt and carrying a large knife – matching his appearance in the films.

His race was listed as “Other: Doll.”

In the movies – which debuted in 1988 – Chucky is a child’s toy possessed by the spirit of a dead serial killer, who murders numerous people.

Faced with numerous media enquiries as to why an alert was being sent hunting for a cartoonish villain from a slasher movies series, the department issued a statement saying: “This alert is a result of a test malfunction. We apologize for the confusion this may have caused and are diligently working to ensure this does not happen again.

So, big news story in the US; this poor girl used a can of Gorilla Glue spray adhesive instead of hair spray.

Rather miraculously, a doctor had the solution, pardon the pun. So her hair and scalp were saved. However, ...

I think the wire services could have used a better picture;

SZ5N5E1q - Copy.jpg

As I understand it, this . . . event. . . is being described as a racial incident because hair products for POC are harder to obtain that those for Racists, and therefore she was obliged to employ this method.

37 minutes ago, Steven P Allen said:

As I understand it, this . . . event. . . is being described as a racial incident because hair products for POC are harder to obtain that those for Racists, and therefore she was obliged to employ this method.

Water is wet, sun rises in the east, ...

To wit;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2021/02/10/gorilla-glue-hairspray-tessica-brown-highlights-issues-black-beauty-care/6702793002/

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Adam Peter said:

What's weird is that the incident occurred in Edinburgh, not Glasgow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai navy rescue four cats from burning ship

Thai navy sailors have rescued four ginger cats that were abandoned on a burning ship in the Andaman Sea.

The human crew had already been evacuated, but the navy soon discovered a few forgotten members when they were sent to check the site for oil spills.

A sailor swam out to the capsized boat, before putting the cats on his back to be pulled back to safety.

Nobody seems to be considering the possibility that the cats stole the fishing boat and set it on fire.

17 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Nobody seems to be considering the possibility that the cats stole the fishing boat and set it on fire.

Was the fishing boat a cat-amaran?