tanknet.org

Here I go again...back to Kanadahar.

If at all, "Der Panzerführer", though technically the term is "Panzerkommandant" unless it's a mocking reference to the GröFaZ.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If at all, "Der Panzerführer", though technically the term is "Panzerkommandant" unless it's a mocking reference to the GröFaZ.

No mockery intended. I knew there was another term, but I couldn't remember it. My German is 30 years past.

Well I had a blast in Berlin this past weekend and got to see all kinds of sights around the city.

From the Brandenburg Gates to East Berlin (where our hostel was ironically) and most points in between.

Saturday we walked from 0900 to 2230, only stopping for beer and pretzels at some places. There was a rather big party at the Brandenburg Gates for the re-opening of the American Embassy in it's original location prior to WW2.

Sunday was more walking and checking out Checkpoint Charlie.

When we finally got back to the base I was done....my feet were killing me.

Regards

I wonder it if makes sense to stop by in Munster (or if you plan coming to Hannover). How long will you still be in Munster?

I wonder it if makes sense to stop by in Munster (or if you plan coming to Hannover). How long will you still be in Munster?

I can't make it to Hannover at all, there just isn't enough time. However I'll be in Munster for the next two weekends, next week it's the ranges.

I'm planning on going to the Panzer Museum. PM me for more info.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got your PM, sadly I was way too busy to check my emails until now...and I'm back in Canada.

I did make it to Hannover though on Saturday. Seems there was some sort of music festival happening in front of city hall.

What the hell was that all about? Was fun but we could only stay for 4 hours then had to return to Munster.

The chicks on the tractor trailer floats....wow.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

It was a quiet night at a local watering hole with friends having a few with hot wings and chatting about the upcoming mission.

Right now I'm on leave, getting all my visiting in with friends and family down home, attending weddings and having a blast.

Funny thing is I can't get drunk at all. My new in laws tried the other day to get me wasted and gave up after 5 hours.

I guess Germany had inadvertently steeled my liver!

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Franko,

It's good to hear that you're home and have been having a "blast"

socializin' with family and friends ... great to be "home" for your Birthday

time :)

Be kind to your liver :P :D

Thanks Dame....just got back home and things are off to a fast start already.

May be hopping off earlier than anticipated, will find out more tomorrow.

The first day back to work after Germany and it's promising to be a full one!

Regards

Thanks Dame....just got back home and things are off to a fast start already.

May be hopping off earlier than anticipated, will find out more tomorrow.

The first day back to work after Germany and it's promising to be a full one!

Regards

It must be absolutely strange, two completely different worlds and experiences,

being "home" and "being there" with just "flights time" between the two worlds!

I love this thread and you keeping us in your loop ... so thank you for that! We're

all "with you in spirit and mind" I'm sure :)

Have fun and stay safe ;)

Well flight dates are confirmed and mein frau is not too happy....makes it more real for her.

Her apprehension and fears are now coming to the surface.

A lot of paperwork greeted us upon return to the hanger lines, very normal event prior to launching.

Seems everyone is just wanting to get the show on the road....after 13 months of workup training in 3 different countries.

Regards

Well, it seems I have to take a bit more care when I hit the ground running over there.

After trying time and time again for the past 13 years with doctors poking and prodding mein frau, prescribing fertility drugs, surgeries and the like it finally happened.

We confirmed it with 3 tests too....I still can't believe it, we're going to have to make a doctor's appointment and get it confirmed for sure.

I'm going to be a dad.......

Well, it seems I have to take a bit more care when I hit the ground running over there.

After trying time and time again for the past 13 years with doctors poking and prodding mein frau, prescribing fertility drugs, surgeries and the like it finally happened.

We confirmed it with 3 tests too....I still can't believe it, we're going to have to make a doctor's appointment and get it confirmed for sure.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Seems that separation is good for fertility :)

WOW ... major humdinger news for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad for you Franko. Sure changes the thinking and priorities hey? :D

Keep us posted for sure .................................................... :)

WOW ... major humdinger news for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad for you Franko. Sure changes the thinking and priorities hey? :D

Not really....just going to use ALOT more cannister and HEAT now. :lol:

Regards

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Quick buy all your toys now before it's to late!!!!!

Congrats, I will happily give you diaper changing tips.