Here I go again...back to Kanadahar.

franko

Well you know you're getting closer to deploying when the DAGin' starts.

The troops got their shots, dead guy pictures and other essential paperwork completed recently.

Went to the Clothing Stores to get our ARID CADPAT draw and, of course, there were soldiers walking away with nothing other than some barrack boxes.

They ran out of "normal/ average" sized combats and gitch...including socks and boots.

Seems that someone dropped the ball big time....we pre ordered all our sizes last fall so that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Now kicking back with a cold Corona.

Regards

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Just noticed this thread. Was wondering what happened to Franko. I hope y'all there get to catch them prisoners - and by catch, I mean get them dead.

After the Supremes' most recent foolishness, the Yankeestanis may have to leave the pest control to the Canadians, since we seem to be going to catch & release--Good Hunting, Guys!

Well you know you're getting closer to deploying when the DAGin' starts.

The troops got their shots, dead guy pictures and other essential paperwork completed recently.

Went to the Clothing Stores to get our ARID CADPAT draw and, of course, there were soldiers walking away with nothing other than some barrack boxes.

They ran out of "normal/ average" sized combats and gitch...including socks and boots.

Seems that someone dropped the ball big time....we pre ordered all our sizes last fall so that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Now kicking back with a cold Corona.

Regards

Make sure you post your address.

Hey! Just noticed this thread. Was wondering what happened to Franko. I hope y'all there get to catch them prisoners - and by catch, I mean get them dead.

Yeah...just when I thought it MIGHT be a quiet tour the shit hits the fan a few months before we get there.

Meh....if they want a toe to toe fight, bring it.

The last time they tried that they had a few hundred dead.

On a lighter note....trying to pack my HLTA clothes 7 months early is a bit hard to do.

Mike....will do.

Regards

Yeah...just when I thought it MIGHT be a quiet tour the shit hits the fan a few months before we get there.

Meh....if they want a toe to toe fight, bring it.

The last time they tried that they had a few hundred dead.

On a lighter note....trying to pack my HLTA clothes 7 months early is a bit hard to do.

Mike....will do.

Regards

That was my thought when the CBC was doing their "We're all going to die!" shtick on the news last night. We should just let them gather in the largest numbers possible to develop a target rich environment.

Good hunting Frank.

Congrats, Sar'nt! Do you get a batman?

In your OP, you mentioned "bombing up" with 105mm. Were you training in Leo 1s, was it a typo, or am I just ignorant of Canadian nomenclature?

I think the 105MM is a perfect choice for A'stan. The ammo selection is fully fielded and you have a greater choice of rounds to fit the menu. Willie Pete anyone? I believe Franko will fall in on 2A5's in country though.

I think the 105MM is a perfect choice for A'stan. The ammo selection is fully fielded and you have a greater choice of rounds to fit the menu. Willie Pete anyone? I believe Franko will fall in on 2A5's in country though.

Ummm....we have 120mm. ;)

We also have cannister now....in 120mm

Regards

Lewis MacKenzie was on CFRA wondering what the fuss was..... 500 Taliban does not a force to be feared make. The Arty and Armoured types want the Taliban to gather without civilians so that they can try out their new Excalibur rounds and the 120 m gun on the Leo 2...

Good Hunting Franko

Being reported this morning that the Taliban have lost a lot of men and a large number of wounded have been captured

Two Australians were killed in the battles. RIP No reports of ANA casualties

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped in to give a brief update.

Well, I'm in Germany now and the training has been fantastic. The instructors are great and the information they are teaching us is world class.

All I can say is the Leo 2A6M is the solution to every possible problem with every tank I've ever been on. The freedom this tank gives me and my crew to do our job is incredible.

As for talking about anything we're doing here and such, OPSEC has to be observed.

I wish we had more free time so I could do a bit more traveling, but mission first I guess. LOL

I'm sending a pic to T19 to post on my behalf. Hopefully it'll be up soon.

Regards

It was love at first sight... nothings gonna stop us now :D

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/trapperjohn1441/LEO2andFranko.jpg?t=1215112089

Franko, you need to get a closeup for your avatar pic; you've come up in the world! A true hatch-plug rather than a mere scruffy! B)

Better change his moniker first. 25 mm doesn't sound very impressive in front of 120 mm.

Better change his moniker first. 25 mm doesn't sound very impressive in front of 120 mm.

Good idea. Let's be careful, though, not to go all Freudian on the lad... :P

Good idea. Let's be careful, though, not to go all Freudian on the lad... :P

There...."The year of the tank".....better?

Had the worst Curriewurst since I got into Germany last night at 0200. In the old West Berlin part of town....whodathunk it.

My dogs are killing me here in Berlin. Doing the tourist thing now for the weekend since last night.

Mind you in just over 24 hours I've covered about 90% of the historical attractions.

Tomorrow is another full day....should be a blast.

Regards

I don't follow CDF news much, but I'm quite surprised to see the CDF using Bundeswehr markings. :mellow:

Good hunting.

I don't follow CDF news much, but I'm quite surprised to see the CDF using Bundeswehr markings. :mellow:

...'cause they're in Munster, at the German Panzertruppenschule, receiving training on Bundeswehr vehicles?