Here I go again...back to Kanadahar.

franko

Well, I guess I've been missed a little bit. Someone posted on the Facebook Tank Net page that they haven't heard from me in quite some time.

Pete, I'm doing very well these days. Just very busy with work and taking care of the kids and concentrating on my marriage. I belong to a few forums and a few were getting caustic so I put myself on a sabbatical from all of them.

I was going to answer in public however, as you are no doubt well aware, everyone can see your responses. There is still a stigma about it and I'm taking steps to come "into the light" about my struggles in the near future as I accepted my doctors' nomination for the Sacrifice Medal so it will be very public.

That being said, thank you for your concerns. It's much appreciated.

Franko

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook Tank Net page

Is this page public?

Search for TankNet and ask for an invite. You can usually send a message when requesting an invite and when you do, mention your username and you're in!

So a bit of an update on the career front.

Now doing the Course WO thing. It's nice to be able to mold and help train again. Fresh young tankers that either are brand new to tanks or only have experienced Afghanistan and its COIN-isms and are new to peer on peer war fighting. The looks on their faces when you say "cam nets up" is funny.

Kicking off a course next week that will go until almost the end of August. Should be interesting dealing with university students. Thankfully there's lots of whiskey at the canteen at night.

Tchüß

Seeing your posts helped make my day, Franko! It's great to see how well you are doing. There have been a number of members who have moved on, hopefully some of them will check back in as well.

Welcome back indeed!

We have now a Facebook group. If you are interested in joining, you could PM Pete, T19, or me with your FB profile name, and we could add you.

Or search for the Tank-Net on FB, and apply for membership.

• 3 weeks later...

So a bit of an update on the career front.

Now doing the Course WO thing. It's nice to be able to mold and help train again. Fresh young tankers that either are brand new to tanks or only have experienced Afghanistan and its COIN-isms and are new to peer on peer war fighting. The looks on their faces when you say "cam nets up" is funny.

Kicking off a course next week that will go until almost the end of August. Should be interesting dealing with university students. Thankfully there's lots of whiskey at the canteen at night.

Tchüß

Welcome back! Now for the really important stuff --- what brand of whiskey :D All kidding aside, God's blessings on your family and you!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...