What's everyone working on now?

Charles King

1/32 Revell Monogram Grumman F3F, more as an exercise than as a serious build, as the decals have resisted being recovered from their badly cracked state and I don't normally work with gloss paint. Practice is rigging a biplane in a size that these fat fingers can handle.

Is a strange old kit, with an undercarriage that is meant to be operable - turn the prop and the undercarriage retracts / extends. I have glued it extended.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently on the Dragon Premium Series M51 Isherman. (About the only Sherman variant I will consider building). It looked great on the sprue...
I recommend the Academy kit, which appears to have a more accurate muzzle brake. The details are nicer, too. No PE, but you get individual spring parts for the hatches, and the fit is not too awful.

I had a problem with the engine deck, it had to be bludgeoned practically into flush. I also had a problem with the mantlet cover, which was both too small and too short, and had to be quartered to fit correctly. Since the detail on the cover is thereby destroyed some reconstruction is required, but that only involved some epoxy-putty, a toothpick, some water, and a bit of artistry. Rubber-band tracks, but the suspension built up nicely and looked a treat when painted and weathered.

If you're capable of receiving rather large images, I can e-mail some shots to you.

Shot

Guest JamesG123

I have a wee little Revel 1/72nd M1A2 I am periodically working on for when I really miss my tank.

Debating scratch building an interior to stretch the project out the whole deployment...

If you're capable of receiving rather large images, I can e-mail some shots to you.

Shot

A little late now....

Actually the Premium version has a new muzzle brake. I didn't cop it until I saw a review which mentioned it, but the instructions have you put together the old muzzle brake, which is visibly a lot smaller than the new version which is a lot closer to the satisfyingly ridiculously sized thing on the real tank. Fortunately, a little chopping and regluing later, and I got the right one on the end of the tube.

Unfortunately, I didn't cop that the coil springs on the HVSS were reversed in the instructions. Not sure I can fix that now. Hopefully nobody will notice.

NTM