4 National Guard Brigades for Iraq

konev

Nick, I believe if you go back, your unit is to be issued the new "Combat Bicycle" instead of tanks. You are expected to ride and shoot your 9mm at the same time. You (personally) are the fully automated fire control system, able to track all known targets while on the move. I hope you are up to the job. Oh, and don't get your bicycle stolen as they cost over $100,000 each! Stateside civilian replacements are only $300 but they don't have the desert camo paint on them. Good Luck Nick. You will be armed with the best we can manage...... :blink:

Hopefully no new wars break out.

NTM

Oh oh.

You jinxed it....

That's the geopolitical version of saying "let's split up" in a horror movie!

Falken

Edited by SCFalken

Manic,

If your team went back would it be on foot or do you still have tanks?

Depends on what they have us doing. The unit has not forgotten its designated role: We have an AT this year which is over 3 weeks long, and it's all tank-oriented for my company: Tank Tables VII and VIII, plus conversion training for the M1A1 AIMS which we're receiving this summer. Bradley guys are doing their own gunnery and conversion. Doesn't mean to say they can't just say "Right lads, leave the tracks behind. Here's a Huimmer"

NTM

Listening to the news a few minutes ago, it seems that the Army is going to really call up a lot of people and keep them there for the 15 months. The current administration is really uping the forces to try to make progress. I don't see any progress unless they can stop the Sunni/Shiite war. It seems they are out to kill each other no matter what we do......

The good think is that we are fighting them over there. So, that is at least one good point.

Next year we may see the "new" 24 month in country, 6 months back in the states call up......... :huh:

The good think is that we are fighting them over there. So, that is at least one good point.

Exactly. I mean, the Mahdi Army was setting up an assembly area just down the road in Myrtle Beach. Good thing we're nipping it in the bud.

Guest JamesG123
Depends on what they have us doing. The unit has not forgotten its designated role: We have an AT this year which is over 3 weeks long, and it's all tank-oriented for my company: Tank Tables VII and VIII, plus conversion training for the M1A1 AIMS which we're receiving this summer.

Oh, rub it in why don't ya. lucky bastards....

Naw. Let the Islamists have to fly to the other side of the world to a strange foreign country, and let us commute from home to the war every day.

:P