m60 a2

nexus6

The M-60A2 kit from Tamiya was the only injection kit in 1/35 available for this vehicle. It is not currently in production, although Tamiya has the molds and could put it into production any time they choose to. Chances are good it would retail close to $40 to $50 if re-released as a new kit by Tamiya based on their current pricing structure. The kits that Dwight spotted are likely kits that are old stock and have been marked up based on availability.

Unfortunately, I sold my last Tamiya M-60A2 a few months back on eBay. eBay is likely your best bet to find one now. I can check the hobby store I work part-time at, we may have one in the back room collecting dust. I'll let you know.

Wow. 1/72 B-2? How big is that? Post pix of it when you get that B-2 kit. :) Biggest B-2 kit I've seen in our shop is 1/144. Biggest aircraft kit I've seen is a 1/48 B-1B. *sigh* if only I build aircraft right.... Good luck on the eBay bidding. :)

cheers dwight, am gonna try and win the cheaper one. will have to find out how much shipping price to Aus is. Im cheering i just found 1/72 testors B-2 in my locally hobby shop for $40 :)

Nexus

If you don't have much luck on Ebay or if the price blossoms above what you consider reasonable let me know.

I have an unbuilt M60A2 gathering dust and I probably won't get around to it until after the third next time that Tamiya releases it again. Also, as I am on the same parched continent as yourself the postage will be much cheaper, and quicker. may also be able to do some exchange of parts between the Academy M60A3 and the Tamiya M60A2 if you prefer Academy tracks / wheels / hull etc.

As a fantasy vehicle a few years ago I built the M60A2 with Academy buldozer blade and Desert Storm markings.

Cool Doug, im planning to build a similar version, maybe with reactive armor and other modern stuff. Id actually just be happy with the turret if that helps you, M60 hulls are dime a dozen. any idea how much you want for it? Re the B2 it wingspan is a bit over 60cm i think. My mate had one when we were kids and i have been looking for one for about 15 years, i think it has just been re issued. Testors website lists it as available for $25 US i believe.

Cool Doug, im planning to build a similar version, maybe with reactive armor and other modern stuff. Id actually just be happy with the turret if that helps you, M60 hulls are dime a dozen. any idea how much you want for it? Re the B2 it wingspan is a bit over 60cm i think. My mate had one when we were kids and i have been looking for one for about 15 years, i think it has just been re issued. Testors website lists it as available for $25 US i believe.

Nexus

You can have it for what I paid for it, which was I think around $35Aust about 5 years ago.

I got my reactive armour from the old Esci Israeli M60 kit......none of which specifically fits the turret tough.

I am in Sydney? and you?

That would be awesome, im in canberra. Let me know how much you want for shipping and whats the best way to pay you. Im happy to just send a cheque as theres no rush to get it.

thanks again

dan

Dan

I will contact you privately.

Doug

Isn't it nice to see another awesome tanknetter model connection made? :lol:

Excellent use of the forum guys! Nice to see modellers able to connect, that and Doug is a veritable treasure trove of needed kits. (Yes, Doug, I am STILL working on that TU-22M you sent me. One I perfect messing with pigments, I swear I am going to finish it...it is darned near 90% done.)

Now, will we see some pics of these M60A2's anytime soon? ;)

Isn't it nice to see another awesome tanknetter model connection made? :lol:

Excellent use of the forum guys! Nice to see modellers able to connect, that and Doug is a veritable treasure trove of needed kits. (Yes, Doug, I am STILL working on that TU-22M you sent me. One I perfect messing with pigments, I swear I am going to finish it...it is darned near 90% done.)

Now, will we see some pics of these M60A2's anytime soon? ;)

That reminds me of the stuff I received from you guys too.... :D

I have sent you am pm Doug, let me know if there are any problems. Im so annoyed, I opend my B2 up and it has 2X left upper and right lower wings, but none of the reverse parts! ARGH! . going to ring the hobby shop this morning to see if they can help. Dammit this has happened to me twice, previously with a matchbox 1/32 spitfire MK22. I really want to build this kit, i hope i can get replacement parts or a new kit without problems.

I have sent you am pm Doug, let me know if there are any problems. Im so annoyed, I opend my B2 up and it has 2X left upper and right lower wings, but none of the reverse parts! ARGH! . going to ring the hobby shop this morning to see if they can help. Dammit this has happened to me twice, previously with a matchbox 1/32 spitfire MK22. I really want to build this kit, i hope i can get replacement parts or a new kit without problems.

M60A2 is in the mail.

Re B2: Hobby shop probably won't be able to help except to take it back and they will tryt to get their money back from the distributor, then they will try to order another one for you.

Just think though, someone else, somewhere in this wide world, had opened up their B2 and found 2X right upper and left lower wings...

cheers Doug. Ill let you know when i get it. actually i contacted testors usa and they said they would ship me replacement parts, unfortunately i have to send them a snail mail first. but anyway i hope they have the parts.

Just think though, someone else, somewhere in this wide world, had opened up their B2 and found 2X right upper and left lower wings...

Man Doug, that is a disheartening thought...way to make people scared to open the plastic wrap! (Oh man, oh man, is it all there? Is it correct?) :blink:

:lol: :lol: :P

cheers Doug. Ill let you know when i get it. actually i contacted testors usa and they said they would ship me replacement parts, unfortunately i have to send them a snail mail first. but anyway i hope they have the parts.

A couple of quick suggestions regarding building the B-2. First, do NOT follow the assembly instructions when it comes to assembling the center/body separately from the outer wings before putting them all together. Assemble the entire top section first, then attach the bottom section parts. This will ensure better alignment across the wing, plus will help reduce the horrendous gaps that will need to be filled.

Second, even if you do that you will still have gaps between the outer wings and center/body. Make sure that you have a decent supply of narrow-width strip styrene, gap-filling superglue and putty on-hand. I'd also suggest that, if possible, you use Ambroid Pro-Weld as your glue ... I hadn't discovered Ambroid yet when I built my B-2 and I did the inital gluing with Testors liquid cement. It probably didn't change the overall result, but the significantly longer drying time of the Testors cement was a hassle.

Third, there's now a decal manufacturer, Begemot, that makes operational markings for the B-2A (sheet #7217). Included are full markings for both 509th/Whiteman and Edwards (test) birds; Spirits of Washington, Alaska, Pennsylvania, New York and Missouri ... along with the wing-walk markings. I found mine during a trip to Meteor Productions, and the last time I was there there were 4 or 5 sheets left. One thing to note about the sheet - the glue under the decals is a yellow-tinted cream color - best to get the decals at the same time you start building the model, tape them up to a window that gets hit with a significant amount of sunlight and let the sun bleach the yellow out ...

Good luck - the Testors B-2 is a challenging, but ultimately rewarding, build.

--Garth

cheers for that garth, there is actually an extra page in the instruction manual that suggest putting it together the way you have described as an alternative. with such a huge flat area i imagine any warping is going to be very apparent. I just hope i get the parts, it would seam pretty impossible to get this kit, i think finding it on the shelf of my local shop was some kind og complete fluke :)

doug, have sent you a cheque toady, let me know if it dosent turn up shortly.

cheers

dan