Jump to content

youtube/google/whatever video thread


Ivanhoe
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, lucklucky said:

Invasive and Idiotic.

The one in NM requires you to drive over a narrow stretch of pavement, so you could choose to not play the sound.

There is another in Hungary, BTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what happens to a drone "swarm" that isn't intelligently employed against modern light (35mm) AAA.

What this demo doesn't demonstrate:

- Performance against manoeuvring drones.

- Performance against multi-axis attacks.

- performance against anything other than "improvised" attacks using commercial low-cost drones.

 

I think we can all see what it does show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, if and when you have KETF capable AAA cover, that's brilliant. The question is, is the proposal to bring back Gepard or similar systems into general force structures. I'm just not seeing it.

Point defenses against installations, yes. But to enable theater-wide force protection, you'd need hundreds of these gun trucks. Who is going to buy them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If one only wants to protect own AA against drone-based SEAD, or drone attacks on C4I infrastructure, then this could work.

Would that enough? Probably not, as the thread on the Armenia-Azerbaijan war suggests, as Azeris are evolving drone war doctrine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As is typical of defensive measures, their presence increases the necessary cost of attacking the facility. Something like three of these could protect a reasonably sized fixed asset from this type of low-end threat and would also be useful against somewhat higher tier threats, too.

In my opinion it shows that there is still a place for this type of solution - you're getting much more rapid effects on multiple targets than you would get from a single laser system, for example.

At least the truck doesn't need stab legs to keep it steady, so it can potentially have some tactical utility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think they made predictions. They mocked the tendency of leftist student circles in the 1970s with their flood of pointless pamphlets and public declarations (and committee meetings in general). It was all there, yes, but the Python treatment was still so outlandish at the time that nobody considered it as a prophecy.

Its applicability today is as obvious as it is uncanny. Still, I don't think the Pythons believed at the time that it would actually describe reality some 50 years later. And let's be honest, it's still the same inane academic debating clubs. Instead of Marxist Studies, it's now Gender Studies (in an application of Marxian thinking), but just as vapid and out of touch as these intellectual circle jerks were half a century ago, with the same absurd overestimations of their own importance.

What has changed is that journalists these days take these debates more seriously, and that Twatbook works as an amplifier (but we have a similar degree of insanity in some areas of the more conservative spectrum as well).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

I don't think they made predictions. They mocked the tendency of leftist student circles in the 1970s with their flood of pointless pamphlets and public declarations (and committee meetings in general). It was all there, yes, but the Python treatment was still so outlandish at the time that nobody considered it as a prophecy.

Its applicability today is as obvious as it is uncanny. Still, I don't think the Pythons believed at the time that it would actually describe reality some 50 years later. And let's be honest, it's still the same inane academic debating clubs. Instead of Marxist Studies, it's now Gender Studies (in an application of Marxian thinking), but just as vapid and out of touch as these intellectual circle jerks were half a century ago, with the same absurd overestimations of their own importance.

What has changed is that journalists these days take these debates more seriously, and that Twatbook works as an amplifier (but we have a similar degree of insanity in some areas of the more conservative spectrum as well).

One thing that's changed is that the students of the seventies are the old tenured, profs of today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I don't think they made predictions. They mocked the tendency of leftist student circles in the 1970s with their flood of pointless pamphlets and public declarations (and committee meetings in general). It was all there, yes, but the Python treatment was still so outlandish at the time that nobody considered it as a prophecy.

Its applicability today is as obvious as it is uncanny. Still, I don't think the Pythons believed at the time that it would actually describe reality some 50 years later. And let's be honest, it's still the same inane academic debating clubs. Instead of Marxist Studies, it's now Gender Studies (in an application of Marxian thinking), but just as vapid and out of touch as these intellectual circle jerks were half a century ago, with the same absurd overestimations of their own importance.

What has changed is that journalists these days take these debates more seriously, and that Twatbook works as an amplifier (but we have a similar degree of insanity in some areas of the more conservative spectrum as well).

They just followed the Neo-Marxist thinking path of Oppressor-Victim to get social power. They were even moderates since did not even went to the end of that path, which is the end of human.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the young ladies were all good-looking with great figures.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the young ladies were all good-looking with great figures.

 

Well, that is par for the course in that part of the world, so not very remarkable. But, yes, a substantial number of them would not look out of place on the corps de ballet of the Bolshoi or the Mariinsky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sunday said:

Well, that is par for the course in that part of the world, so not very remarkable. But, yes, a substantial number of them would not look out of place on the corps de ballet of the Bolshoi or the Mariinsky.

Looks like Ivanhoe has a better eye than me. Those are Circassian girls, famed for their beauty since the Middle Ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circassian_beauty

Edited by sunday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R011 said:

ballet dancers are rarely so bosomy.  Indeed, most of them are at least borderline anorexic.

You are mostly right. Most professional ballet companies select that rail-thin body type. Then there is the smoking, cocaine, and all that. Gelsey Kirkland wrote an very revealing autobiography. There was one time she was so anorexic she could not go raise herself on her feet to dance en pointe.

There is an American-born, pretty good and well endowned ballerina. She works now in Germany, were they are not distracted by ballerinas with bosoms.

This is one of the less NSFW pics where she appears as a ballet dancer:

e37e2e8db1f5f13e7f66fa32842dd365.jpg

Here is a quite candid interview she did in order to talk about a miniseries she starred in. She also discusses briefly the issues related to her body type she has found.

I think that miniseries did something to diminish my fondness for ballet. I do not recommend to watch it.

 

Edited by sunday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...