youtube/google/whatever video thread

Ivanhoe

If Rockets were Transparent

Launch to orbit in real time Fuel Burn and Staging of the Saturn V, Space Shuttle,Falcon Heavy and the Space Launch System (SLS) rockets Launching from Kennedy Space Center Launch Complex 39

Red = Kerosene RP-1
Orange = Liquid Hydrogen LH2
Blue = Liquid Oxygen LOX

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are N2O4 and hydrazine? It is no fun w/o N2O4 and hydrazine... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just like the DCS Mirage 2000 HUD, with the somewhat awful gun snake. :)

Look at the high AOA performance by the Mirage, quite neat. The F-16C got way too slow there.

he wouldnt last 5 minutes on the Dogfighter server against my Mig 21. :)

• 2 weeks later...

helping my daughter with her school work in history; her teacher recommended a site called 'Crash Course', hosted by a smug punk. I might not have known anything but when we got to WW2 I was shocked at the bias, particularly the Pacific War. Said smug punk rattled on and on about torching Tokyo and the nukes, but didn't even mention the two most important factors in the fight with Japan: their suicidal style of fighting and their brutality against cvvies and POWs. HOW can you avoid talking about the Kamikazes or Nanking?

helping my daughter with her school work in history; her teacher recommended a site called 'Crash Course', hosted by a smug punk. I might not have known anything but when we got to WW2 I was shocked at the bias, particularly the Pacific War. Said smug punk rattled on and on about torching Tokyo and the nukes, but didn't even mention the two most important factors in the fight with Japan: their suicidal style of fighting and their brutality against cvvies and POWs. HOW can you avoid talking about the Kamikazes or Nanking?

Crash Course is proof that we're wasting our money on American universities.

Crash Course is proof that we're wasting our money on American universities.

Seriously the host is a smug git.

Video from "ferfal", critiquing an LEO shooting. If you ignore the sales pitch and focus on facts, worth watching;

And first ever LEO shooting caught on guncam;

Numerous fails. Aside from the massive amount of suppressive fire, my takeway concerns the botched reload. One, it looks like he was reloading down around his belly, not up near head level. Bad for SA. Secondly, mag didn't fully eject, so his ingrained training shoved the empty back into the gun.

To me, this seems like a training scar from the emphasis on beating the timer at the range, rather than making absolutely sure speed reloads are 100% effective.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Give him credit, he's not proposing it "because racism". Clarity of language is a noble goal. It may not be all that important and urgent, but at least his argument is coherent and valid.

• 2 weeks later...