Muzzle velocity, m/s: 1700

Max. pressure (t=21oC), kg/sm2: 4800

Operating temperature range, oC: -40..+55

Propelling charge: Ж63-3

Primer bushing: ГУВ-7

Dimensions of the case, mm: 823x544x295

Weight of case with round, kg: 51

340876[/snapback]

It's interesting.Is this APFSDS round called 3BM-42U2?

Do you have a penetration estimate on it?

One main problem with the T-64 series that I am aware of is the running gear, in these later/latest versions have the Ukrainians managed to solve unreliability problems associated with earlier models of the T-64?

• 2 weeks later...
One main problem with the T-64 series that I am aware of is the running gear, in these later/latest versions have the Ukrainians managed to solve unreliability problems associated with earlier models of the T-64?

341554[/snapback]

There are no problems with running gear.

Does anyone have pictures of the BMP-1 "Baryer"? I always assumed this is only a prototype but according to the UN's register of conventional arms, Sri Lanka purchased 7 "BMP-1 Baryer w/ 3 machine guns" already in 1994 from Ukraine.

Does anyone have pictures of the BMP-1 "Baryer"? I always assumed this is only a prototype but according to the UN's register of conventional arms, Sri Lanka purchased 7 "BMP-1 Baryer w/ 3 machine guns" already in 1994 from Ukraine.

349829[/snapback]

Barrier is an ATGM station for armored vechicles, Skif is the man portable complex, both use the same R-2 missile. Both were not availible in 1994.

Can you give a link on this news?

Barrier is an ATGM station for armored vechicles, Skif is the man portable complex, both use the same R-2 missile.

Hm, I read somewhere that the Bar'yer is a patrol vehicle, based on the BMP-1. But it wouldn't be the first time that the same name was used for different systems.

Can you give a link on this news?

Well, "news" :) Here's the URL:

http://disarmament.un.org/UN_REGISTER.nsf

Go to Ukraine and then to 1994.

Are any T-64 and its variants been offered for export? Is the T-64BM2 Bulat only for Ukraine? Or are intending to export those? If so how expensive would it be for the standard package?

341520[/snapback]

NO T-64 (or it's variants) were ever expoted. It was fo USSR use only. 6 tanks were smuggled tu US in 90-s.

Dear Harkonnen, do you have some details about BMPT-64? I think this version is so soundble for Russia and China who have a lot of  old MBTs such as T-54/55/62.

348119[/snapback]

BMPT-64 may be offered for export.

Harkonnen

I have read your article using a translator and it was very interesting, well done. In one section you compare the T-90 and the T-84, you state that the firepower is similar, but previously in the article you mentioned that the ukrainian guns are equivalent to the 2A46M-1 gun. Can you give more details?

337301[/snapback]

The Ukrainian gun by the opinnion of users is superiour in many aspects to 2A46M-1 gun. But in general it is not wrong to say that the firepower is basicly similar, also taking into account new APFSDS fielded by Russian Federation. Though Ukraine may offer some advanced tank lunched guided missiles, which are 100 %immune to APS and use top attack function.

Isn't there one in front of Kitsap library?  ;)

353144[/snapback]

Yes, but unfortunately it was cannibalized to upgrade the fleet of ex-ARVN M47 stored in the parking garage. The only thing that remains is part of the hull and left-over flame throwing equipment.