History of Soviet tanks

Harkonnen

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I guess it fits in this discussion rather than creating a new one but I've just finished reading one of Osprey's larger books covering the T-55 Main Battle Tank. A really enjoyable read that one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soviet-T-55-Main-Battle-Tank/dp/1472838556/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Soviet+T-55+Main+Battle+Tank&qid=1579204054&s=books&sr=1-1

There is a similar title covering the earlier T-54 which I intend to pick up when I find a copy, the T-10 title is on my radar as well. I just hope they do one on the T-62 as well - my all-time favourite AFV.

I think I've read elsewhere that some on this site already have the T-10 book; I'd be curious to know what they thought of it? Its certainly quite a departure from the 40-page coverage you get from the New Vanguard series. While I can't really fault those books, there's only so much information you can squeeze into that much space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LG2aK57GajE.jpg

maybe somebody could help with correct translation ?

For one this is about a test on fuel consumption and suspension behaviour on gorund waves(?; bumps in the ground) of a SPz Marder and a vehicle named "ET 07". So as long as ET 07 is not a soviet tank it is a bit wrong in here. ;)

I can take a shot at translating over the weekend. We can drop this in a separate thread?

For one this is about a test on fuel consumption and suspension behaviour on gorund waves(?; bumps in the ground) of a SPz Marder and a vehicle named "ET 07". So as long as ET 07 is not a soviet tank it is a bit wrong in here. ;)

I can take a shot at translating over the weekend. We can drop this in a separate thread?

ET-07 is name for captured BMP-1, ET-06 IIRC T-62