tanknet.org

Smaller NATO Armies Of The 1980s

Those went to the Army too, they are deployed in the Canaries.

257635[/snapback]

Is that just a historical accident, or due to availability of a range there, or are the Canaries seen as under specific threat?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that just a historical accident, or due to availability of a range there, or are the Canaries seen as under specific threat?

258086[/snapback]

The perceived threat is Morocco, which claims the Canaries together with Ceuta and Melilla plus small islets off their coast. The Canaries are defended mainly by Air assets in the form of a squadron of F-18s, while Ceuta and Melilla have significant garrisons in place, now undermanned, but theoretically equivalent to a Brigade, both of which can be quickly reinforced from units based in the Peninsula.

This might be of some use:

Andy Johnson's NATO OOB 1989

254181[/snapback]

Had a look at his Canadian 'numbers' and some of them are ROTL. He has the total Cdn number of Leopards as being approx twice what they really are/were. As was pointed out, there was only a Sqn of 19 Leos in Gagetown, Canada, belonging to the RCD (prior to 1987) then 8 CH who were in Germany (These two units did a Rotation ). There were also a few Gunnery tanks (6 ?) at the Gunnery Sqn and a four Driver Trainers at the D&M Sqn of the Armour School. Canada at this time had only 128 Leopards, which included ARVs, amd the Biber AVLBs and Badger Engineer Vehicles of the Engineers.

Sorry, R011 has already covered most of this. :unsure:

Edited by George Wallace
Three squadrons of nineteen plus two in the RHQ for as total of 59. 

Per squadron: four troops of four, the Officer Commanding the squadron, the Battle Captain, and a dozer tank.  There was also a Leopard ARV per squadron, a Lynx for a liasion officer,  five or six M113A1 APC's, and four or five M548A1.

256555[/snapback]

To add to R011s comment, there were 59 in the Armour Unit (RCD, later 8 CH) and then 18 to 20 in long term preservation as War Reserve in Lahr, which would be periodically rotated through the unit to keep Milages and Wear equalized through the fleet.

Edited by George Wallace
To add to R011s comment, there were 59 in the Armour Unit (RCD, later 8 CH) and then 18 to 20 in long term preservation as War Reserve in Lahr, which would be periodically rotated through the unit to keep Milages and Wear equalized through the fleet.

258398[/snapback]

Thanks, George.

Offhand, Do you know which battalions in Canada were mounted in M113s and which in AVGP in the late 1980s?

Thanks,

Pat Callahan

Offhand, Do you know which battalions in Canada were mounted in M113s and which in AVGP in the late 1980s?

258421[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, in the Inf Regts, the 'Mech' Infantry Bns were still in M113s, then at least one of their Bns were mounted in AVGP Grizzlies. For a while in the Late '80s/early '90s the Inf Regts were reduced to two Bns.

The Three Armd Regts had two Sqns of 19 AVGP Cougars each and then Recce Sqns with M113 C&R Lynx. With the closure of CFE and the return of the Bde to Canada, each Armd Reg't gained a Sqn of 19 Leopard C1s.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that the Inf Mech Bns moved to LAV III. The Light Infantry Bns for the most part are doing without, but do have BV 206s.

The Armd Regiments have been reduced by one. The 8 CH are now a Reserve Regt. The Remaining three had two Sqns of Coyote (Upgraded versions of the LAV 25 with Surv Suites) and one Tank Sqn. In 2003 all Leopard C2 tanks started to be moved to the LdSH (RC) in Wainwright to be used by them until the MSG arrives. They will become a DFU Regt, with MGS, MMEV, and TOW.

Once again the CF is in transition. Coy and Sqn formations are disappearing and reappearing every five or six years it seems.

As a Side Note, until recently most CPs were M577 Queen Mary's, most Tank formations were supported by M548s, and most Mechs and fitters were also in M113s. Most Sgt Majors had M113s. There were also M113 Engr varients in the Recce Sqns, with four making up the Assault Troop.

OK, I am making solid progress, and should have a working (as in, still needs work) version of the document up tomorrow night (hopefully.)

I am now working on Turkey.

Tony Engleson mentioned earlier that he had a Norwegian TO&E/OOB -- if it is available, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Andy Johnson's US OOB doesn't list anything smaller than a Brigade for the US generally. Does anyone know if the numerous independent battalions (including the four TLAT bns) listed in Armies of NATO's Central Front still existed? I can put up a list if necessary.

Thanks,

Pat Callahan

P.

I need a little trip to the library first, which i`ll do tomorrow. Some elusive independent units i can`t pin down at the moment :)

259747[/snapback]

Excellent, Tony, sounds great.

PS For our Canadian members --

Any reliable Air orbat out there? When did the CF-5s and CF104s leave? Was there an air component reserve system?

Thanks

Pat

Excellent, Tony, sounds great.

PS For our Canadian members --

Any reliable Air orbat out there?  When did the CF-5s and CF104s leave?  Was there an air component reserve system?

Thanks

Pat

259864[/snapback]

CF-5's remained in the LIF and Aggressor in 419 Squadron role until 1995. The two front-line squadrons gave up their CF-5's in 1984 (433 Squadron - converted to CF-18) and 1988 (434 Squadron - converted to Combat Support with T-33 and CC-144 Challenger). CF-104's were gone by 1986.

The Air Reserve is best regarded as a small manpower pool of about three thousand personnel. They stopped operating fixed wing combat aircraft in the 1960's. They then mostly operated the CC-123 Otter (DHC-3). In the 1980's, they were reorganized. One squadron operated in the maritime patrol role sharing the same CP-121 Trackers (Grumman S-2) as a Regular Force squadron. The other squadrons converted to tactical helicopter with CH-136 Kiowa (Bell OH-58A), with about a half dozen aircraft each.

Edited by R011

This is a 1984 Canadian Air Force ORBAT. As you can see., it is in transition between CF-18 and CF-5/Voodoo/CF-104:

410 Fighter Operational Training Squadron (CF-18) - Cold Lake Alberta

409 Fighter Squadron (CF-18) - Cold Lake Alberta

416 All Weather Fighter Squadron (Voodoo) - Chatham New Brunswick

425 All Weather Fighter Squadron (Voodoo) - Bagotville Quebec

419 Fighter Operational Training Squadron (CF-5) - Cold Lake Alberta

433 Tactical Fighter Squadron (CF-5) - Bagotville Quebec

434 Tactical Fighter Squadron (CF-5) - Bagotville Quebec

421 Tactical Fighter Squadron (CF-104) - Baden-Soellingen FRG

439 Tactical Fighter Squadron (CF-104) - Baden-Soellingen FRG

441 Tactical Fighter Squadron (CF-104) - Baden-Soellingen FRG

414 Electronic Warfare Squadron (Dassault Falcon, T-33, Voodoo) - North Bay Ontario (Note: essentially an OPFOR training squadron, mostly NORAD oriented)

103 Rescue Squadron (Labrador) - Gander Newfoundland

413 Transport and Rescue Squadron (Buffalo, Labrador) - Summerside Prince Edward Island

424 Transport and Rescue Squadron (Buffalo, Twin Huey) - Trenton Ontario

440 Transport and Rescue Squadron (Twin Otter) - Edmonton Alberta

442 Transport and Rescue Squadron (Buffalo, Labrador) - Comox BC

403 Tactical Helicopter Operational Training Squadron (Twin Huey, Kiowa) - Gagetown New Brunswick

408 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Twin Huey, Kiowa) - Edmonton Alberta (1 CMBG)

427 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Twin Huey, Kiowa) - Petawawa Ontario (SSF)

430 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Twin Huey, Kiowa) - Valcartier Quebec (5 GBMC)

444 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Kiowa) - Lahr FRG (4 CMBG)

447 Helicopter Transport Squadron (Chinook) - Edmonton Alberta

450 Helicopter Transport Squadron (Chinook) - Ottawa Ontario

400 Tactical Helicopter and Training Squadron (Air Reserve) (Kiowa) - Toronto Ontario

401 Tactical Helicopter and Training Squadron (Air Reserve) (Kiowa) - Montreal Quebec

418 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Air Reserve) (Twin Huey, Kiowa) - Edmonton Alberta

411 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Air Reserve) (Kiowa) - Toronto Ontario

438 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Air Reserve) (Kiowa) - Montreal Quebec

404 Maritime Patrol Operational Training Squadron (Aurora) - Greenwood Nova Scotia

405 Maritime Patrol Squadron (Aurora) - Greenwood Nova Scotia

407 Maritime Patrol Squadron (Aurora) - Comox BC

415 Maritime Patrol Squadron (Aurora) - Greenwood Nova Scotia

880 Maritime Patrol Squadron (Tracker - shared with 420) - Summerside Prince Edward Island

420 Maritime Patrol Squadron (Air Reserve) (Tracker - shared with 880) - Shearwater Nova Scotia

406 Maritime Helicopter Operational Training Squadron (Sea King) - Shearwater Nova Scotia

423 Maritime Helicopter Squadron (Sea King) - Shearwater Nova Scotia

443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron (Sea King) - Shearwater Nova Scotia

VU-32 Utility Squadron (T-33, Twin Huey) - Shearwater Nova Scotia

VU-33 Utility Squadron (Tracker, T-33) - Comox BC

402 Transport Squadron (Air Reserve) (Dakota - shared with Instrument Check Pilot School) - Winnipeg Manitoba

429 Transport Squadron (and training) Hercules) - Winnipeg Manitoba

435 Transport Squadron (Hercules) - Edmonton Alberta

436 Transport Squadron (Hercules) - Trenton Ontario

437 Transport Squadron (and air refueling) (Boeing 707) - Trenton Ontario

412 Transport Squadron (Cosmopolitan, Dassault Falcon, Challenger) - Ottawa Ontario

Sources:

Sixty Years, The RCAF and CF Air Command 1924-1984, Larry Milberry, General Editor, CANAV books Toronto, 1984.

ISBN 0-07-549484-1

Canada's Air Force, History, 400 Series Squadrons

Edited by R011
Uh, I think Mistral is in the army and it also has I-HAWK?

257285[/snapback]

Army uses NASAMS, Mistral, Roland 1/2, Aspide, HAWK PIP3 and one Patriot PAC2 battery recently bought from Germany and to become operational early 2006. Looks like the idea is to replace Roland and Aspide with land based AMRAAMs mounted on Rebeco 4x4 HMVs from 2010 or so, probably using NASAMS style interfaces.

During the 80s only Roland, Aspide and I-HAWK in use, with the last Nike Hercules deactivating in the mid 80s

Air Force uses one combined Aspide 2000/Mistral (Atlas twin mounts) deployable battery since the late 1990s.

OK -- here is the first version of the draft document. It still needs a fair bit of work.

NATO OOB Mod

Things I know need work:

- USAF units -- some (particularly in the Pacific) appear to be missing, plus the Air Guard squadrons need work.

- US Army -- independent NG battalions are not accounted for

- Swiss -- all I have so far is from Bruce Rea-Taylor's armies book (about 1985) and World Armies Today (1983 edition)

- Finland -- don't have anything

- Don't know the squadron size for many nations, such as Canada, Turkey and Britain

- Greek OOB needs much work

plus slews of other things I can't think of right now.

Please feed me corrections and additions, and I will work to keep an updated version of the document.

PS I attempted to contact Andy Johnson as a courtesy, but the email in the document does not work. Does anyone know of an active email?

Thanks,

Pat Callahan

Edited by PCallahan

Pat, I gave it a kick look and to me there are too many Warriors in the UK OOB, the info I have for 1989 is that there were only 4 battalions with it According to Osprey's Warrior, the equipment went like this:

1987: 1 Company at Warminster.

1988: Jan. 1st Bn. Grenadier Guards (Münster); Sept. 1st Bn Staffordshire Regt.

1989: Jan. 1st Bn. Royal Scots; Sep. 3rd Bn The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

1990: Jan. 2nd Bn, The Royal Anglian Regiment (BTW, not the Royal Anglican Regiment :) )

Also, there are too many 70 tank regiments in the British OOB, I thought those went out of the window at the end of the 70s?

I just glanced over the Bundeswehr OOB and caught my eye on army aviation. The brigades (actually called Heeresfliegerkommandos) should look like this:

- 1 Attack Helicopter Regiment (56 PAH-1 [bO 105P w/ HOT], 5 VBH [bO 105M])

- 1 Light Army Aviation Transport Regiment, not battalion (48 UH-1D)

- 1 Medium Army Aviation Transport, not battalion (32 CH-53G)

- 1 Army Aviation Liason and Observation Squadron (23 BO 105M)

If there were any Alouette II (not III) left in 1989, they were few and far between.

6th PzGrenDiv also had an Army Aviation Regiment, not battalion, though I have no idea about its TO&E. For a nitpick, the location for the HQ of II. Corps' aviation brigade is missing an U: Laupheim.

Though the brigades of the Territorial Army were called Heimatschutzbrigaden, the organisation itself was in fact the Territorialheer.

Unrelated to Germany, in the U.S. squad TO&E the M249 SAW appears to be mis-designated the M243 (and was the M47 Dragon really a squad asset? Boy, that's a lot to lug around). Also, I believe the "tank troops" in the ACR squadrons are in fact referred to as tank companies, unlike the cavalry troops.

I just glanced over the Bundeswehr OOB and caught my eye on army aviation. The brigades (actually called Heeresfliegerkommandos) should look like this:

- 1 Attack Helicopter Regiment (56 PAH-1 [bO 105P w/ HOT], 5 VBH [bO 105M])

- 1 Light Army Aviation Transport Regiment, not battalion (48 UH-1D)

- 1 Medium Army Aviation Transport, not battalion (32 CH-53G)

- 1 Army Aviation Liason and Observation Squadron (23 BO 105M)

261149[/snapback]

Thanks guys, this is just the type of dialogue I was hoping would be generated. I'll make the changes.

I am currently doing work on the US OOB.

Anybody out there have a decent Finnish OOB for 1989?

Thanks,

Pat

PS Pinning down the organization of the 6th Panzergrenadiers Heeresflieger regiment seems to be a bit tough -- no one has it.

Also, there are too many 70 tank regiments in the British OOB, I thought those went out of the window at the end of the 70s?

261108[/snapback]

I've seen conflicting information on the Chieftains, and hope someone can give me something definitive (Commander?)

I've read at various times the following:

- There were three squadrons

- There were three squadrons, plus commanders could (and planned) to form a fourth from war reserve units held at regimental level

- There were more Chieftains held at regimental level after the introduction of Challenger

I don't know which reflected reality.

As a side note, does anyone have a reliable estimate for actual Saxons in a Saxon battalion? Were the Milans hauled by them?

Pat

Banshee1 (or other German posters) --

Any idea if the objective Heimatschutz Brigade organization was ever reached? (ie did the 50-series ever get the 2 LeoI bns, etc?)

Also, any idea when MLRS arrived and the divisional artillery regiment gained them?

Thanks,

Pat

MLRS were delivered to the Bundeswehr between 1990 and 1993 (154 total). I have no idea of the Leopard 1 in the Heimatschutzbrigaden, as far as I know they were stuck on the M48.

I surely wish now that I had kept the brochure on the armored brigades that was among all the Bundeswehr info stuff I had as an enthusiastic teenager. As it is, I'm relegated to memory augmented by bits and pieces found on the net; however, I believe your TO&E of the PzGren Bns is not entirely correct. Under Heeresstruktur 4 they were supposed to have 3 PzGren Coys per 11 Marder (three platoons of three plus two at company level); your total number of 40 seems to indicate 13 per coy. While looking for backup I also found a source stating that 30 of the 64 PzGren Bns had their 3rd coy equipped with M113 due to a shortage of Marder.

I also believe the brigade recon coys should have more than 6 Luchs, but I'm really out of my depth here. The Fernspäherkompanien at corps level would be better translated as "Long Range Reconnaissance" than "Commando", though.

That's all not terribly helpful I'm afraid, I'll try and go over some details over the holidays.

Edit: I'm currently digging through the Federal Archives' online file abstracts for the brigades. I was wrong, there was in fact only a recon platoon instead of a company under Heeresstruktur 4. I'm preparing a writeup, but it'll take some time since it's not all exactly quite orderly. You appear to have most of it already anyway.

Edited by BansheeOne

Pat, we had a discussion on BAOR and the tank regiment structure not that long ago, try the search feature to see if it comes up. I put up a couple of PDFs with the BAOR OOB and got some very useful feedback from those who really know.

As for the other OOBs you need, I have worked this out for Greece, based on the 1996 CFE information exchange, an OOB for 1990 that was at Orbat.com, the 1987-88 Military Balance and an article in a Spanish Magazine in 1993. I am not really sure of the composition of the 20th Armored Division, it's second brigade could be the the XXII or the XXV:

MINISTRY OF DEFENCE      Location
HELLENIC ARMY GENERAL STAFF   	 ATHENS
 ATHENS MILITARY COMMAND    ATHENS
   IV INFANTRY DIVISION  TRIPOLIS
   III INFANTRY DIVISION  ATHENS
   32 MARINES BRIGADE  VOLOS
   1 COMMANDO REGIMENT  RENTINA
   2ND PARACHUTIST REGIMENT  ASPROPYRGOS
   13 AMPHIBIOUS RAIDING REGIMENT  ATHENS
 1 ARMY    LARISA
   1ST MAJOR MILITARY COMMAND  MYRINA
  	 88 INFANTRY BRIGADE	MYRINA
   VIII INFANTRY DIVISION  IOANNINA
  	 VIII INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	IOANNINA
  	 24 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KALPAKI
  	 15 INFANTRY REGIMENT	PREVEZA
  	 3/40 INFANTRY REGIMENT	IOANNINA
   XX ARMOUR DIVISION  THESSALONIKI
  	 XX ARMOUR DIVISION FIELD ARTY	THESSALONIKI
  	 XXV ARMOUR BRIGADE (M48)	XANTHI
  	 XXIV ARMOUR BRIGADE (Leopard 1)	LITOCHORO
	 A CORPS 	 KOZANI
   A CORPS FIELD ARTY  KOZANI
   IX INFANTRY DIVISION  KOZANI
  	 IX INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	MAVRODENDRI
  	 1 INFANTRY REGIMENT	FLORINA
  	 27 INFANTRY REGIMENT	MAVRODENDRI
  	 28 INFANTRY REGIMENT	AMYNTAIO
   XV INFANTRY DIVISION  KASTORIA
  	 XV INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	ARGOS ORESTIKO
  	 51 INFANTRY REGIMENT	GREVENA
  	 53 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KOSTARAZI
  	 90 INFANTRY REGIMENT	ARGOS ORESTIKO
	 B CORPS 	 VEROIA
   B CORPS FIELD ARTY  VARVARES
   I INFANTRY DIVISION  GIANNITSA
  	 I INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	VARVARES
  	 4 INFANTRY REGIMENT	AXIOUPOLIS
  	 5/42 INFANTRY REGIMENT	SKYDRA
  	 71 INFANTRY BRIGADE	NEA SANTA
   VI INFANTRY DIVISION  KILKIS
  	 VI INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	NEA SANTA
  	 19 INFANTRY REGIMENT	VYRONEIA
  	 72 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KILKIS
   II MECHANIZED DIVISION  EDESSA
  	 II MECHANIZED DIVISION FIELD ARTY	ASSIROS
  	 33 MECHANIZED BRIGADE	POLYKASTRO
  	 34 MECHANIZED BRIGADE	THESSALONIKI
	 C CORPS 	 THESSALONIKI
   C CORPS FIELD ARTY  THESSALONIKI
   X INFANTRY DIVISION  SERRES
  	 X INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	SERRES
  	 16 INFANTRY REGIMENT	NIGRITA
  	 68 INFANTRY REGIMENT	SIDIROKASTRO
   XI INFANTRY DIVISION  KAVALA
  	 XI INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	DRAMA
  	 65 INFANTRY REGIMENT	DRAMA
   XXII ARMOUR BRIGADE (AMX-30?)  ASSIROS
	 D CORPS 	 XANTHI
   D CORPS FIELD ARTY  XANTHI
  	 29 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KOMOTINI
   XII INFANTRY DIVISION  ALEXANDROUPOLIS
  	 XII INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	ALEXANDROUPOLIS
  	 31 INFANTRY REGIMENT	FERES
  	 7 INFANTRY REGIMENT	LYKOFOS
   XVI INFANTRY DIVISION  DIDYMOTEICHO
  	 XVI INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	ORESTIADA
  	 3 INFANTRY REGIMENT	ORESTIADA
  	 21 INFANTRY REGIMENT	PLATI
  	 30 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KOUFOVOUNO
  	 37 INFANTRY REGIMENT	LAGOS
   50 INFANTRY BRIGADE  SOUFLI
   XXI ARMOUR BRIGADE (M48)  KOMOTINI
   XXIII ARMOUR BRIGADE (AMX-30)  ALEXANDROUPOLIS
NOT UNDER NATO COMMAND:      
	 HELLENIC FORCES IN CYPRUS 	 MALOUDA/CYPRUS
	 HIGH MIL CND OF INTER AND ISLANDS 	 ATHENS
   79 MILITARY COMMAND  VATHI
   84 MILITARY COMMAND  ERMOUPOLIS
   96 MILITARY COMMAND  CHIOS
   98 HIGHER MILITARY COMMAND  MYTILINI
  	 22 INFANTRY REGIMENT	MORIA
  	 36 INFANTRY REGIMENT	KALLONI
  	 98 HIGH MIL CMD FIELD ARTY	MORIA
   V INFANTRY DIVISION  CHANIA
  	 V INFANTRY DIVISION FIELD ARTY	CHANIA
  	 14 INFANTRY REGIMENT	CHANIA
  	 44 INFANTRY REGIMENT	RETHIMNO

Tank inventory:    
	 AMX-30	190  
	 Leopard 1	106  
	 M48A5	170  
	 M48A3	600  
	 M47	330  

In addition, digging on an old page I save from here I found the following TOE:

"Greek mech battalion is typical American. 3 mech companies, 1 support company, 1 command company. Each company has 3 platoons, 1 support platoon and one command platoon. Each platton has 3 squads. Each mech company has 5 M67 90mm A/T gun or Carl Gustaff 84mm, 4 FN MAG and 2 M29 81mm or E44 81mm mortars. The support company also has M30 4,2'' mortars and jeeps with MILAN or FAGOT launchers.

Greek army has about 1850 M113A1/A2, so this vehicle is being used mainly in the mech battalions. Each company has 12-15 M113s.

A greek tank brigade has 2 tank battalions, one mech infantry battalion, 1 s/p howitzer battalion, one company with a/t vehicles(mostly M901) and one support battalion).

Before some years a Greek tank battalion had 3 tank companies and one command company: 3 plattons x 5 tanks(2 squads of 2 tanks plus the commander) = 15 + 1(commander)=16 tanks x 3 =48 + 2-3(HQ)=50-51.

Now it's: 3 plt x 4 =12 + 1(commander)=13 x 3 +2-3= 40-41.

There are also reconnaissance battalions. Each has 22 tanks :

3 companies x 7 tanks(3 platoons x 2 tanks=6+1(commander)=21 +1(commander)=22. No need to say that there are also IFV and APC in the reconnaissance bat. Only the corps have recce battalions, the(infantry)divisions have recce platoons. Except MBT, APCs, BMPs and jeeps(mercedes G-wagen)are used but i have to search for moredetails for the exact formation.

Not much difference in cold war. The country obtained its firsts M48 in 1963 and only in 1972 tanks with 105mm gun and nightsights. Before the S/P howitzer, the tank battalion used 4,2'' mortars for support....By that time all the manuals were exact translations from the american ones.

Unforunately, not in english links.

Just one armoured division(20th) which has 2 brigades(22th and 24th) and 3 other independent brigades(21,23,25). All these in northen Greece, but there are many tank battalions in infantry brigades(at least 6-7 in the borders with Turkey) and in the eastern islands as a precaution against possible landing and parachuting attempts.

A greek tank battalion had 50-55 tanks firstly, but now that has changed and it has 40-41 tanks.

try: http://www.3dpaper.gr/eng/balanceofpower/g...101.shtml"