Main Gun Ammo - Revisited

Jim Warford

Guest JamesG123

Ummmm.... big bullets.... B)

I don't see any segmentation to the sabot petals. How are they supposed to discard from the penetrator? Machined fine enough that you can't see the seam?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...here are a couple more: (a T-80U being "bombed-up" and a few 115mm penetrators in Afghanistan):

292717[/snapback]

thats not a t-80U, thats a t-72 or t-90.

you can see part of the stub case ejection port on the rear of the image (green)

which is not present on any t-80, where the stubs are placed back into the carousel after firing.

thats not a t-80U, thats a t-72 or t-90.

you can see part of the stub case ejection port on the rear of the image (green)

which is not present on any t-80, where the stubs are placed back into the carousel after firing.

365205[/snapback]

Interesting...I'll stick to my guns that it's a T-80U...tho' I see your point. It also looks like that blue cable would prevent the ejection of any "stubs" as well.

The crew space seems be adequate, if they can load the carousel or turning around. But T-55 turret with two men on one side in an equal large turret is hard to imagine. Did they chaged tankers height restrictions after the introduction of 3-men crews?

BTW Couldn't the "stub ejector" be the frontal part of the half-raised (for reloading) round cell of a T-64/80 style autoloader.

The crew space seems be adequate, if they can load the carousel or turning around. But T-55 turret with two men on one side in an equal large turret is hard to imagine. Did they chaged tankers height restrictions after the introduction of 3-men crews?

Only the drivers restrictions.

So they have separate restrictions for different crew positions? What if the 1,60m driver is drunk and the 1,80m TC has to drive? :D

BTW what is the maximal height for each crew position? Pre- and post AL-introduction.

366139[/snapback]

Driver has 175 cm limitation, so I don't think TC have any difficulties.